• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fitted 8350 and new cooler :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kevvy

hi peeps, well i,ve fitted my 8350 and dark rock pro3. had a tinkle with ocing, i reset cmos, and rebooted, worked fine :), so i had a read of RGones, amd ocing guide, so had a mess abt and got to 4.448 mhz on the 8350,and 1778 mhz on the ram, run heaven benchmark and got a extra 10-15 fps. which is what you lot said id get, :) i cant find away to put pics of the hw monitor and cpu-z reading up. but im getting on idle 26c and after benchmark 40c, at 1.32 v ,nb was 2420mhz, htwas 2420 mhz, have,nt got a clue if these are good reading,s please remember its the first time i,ve done this, many tnx chaps.

hi peeps, well i,ve fitted my 8350 and dark rock pro3. had a tinkle with ocing, i reset cmos, and rebooted, worked fine :), so i had a read of RGones, amd ocing guide, so had a mess abt and got to 4.448 mhz on the 8350,and 1778 mhz on the ram, run heaven benchmark and got a extra 10-15 fps. which is what you lot said id get, :) i cant find away to put pics of the hw monitor and cpu-z reading up. but im getting on idle 26c and after benchmark 40c, at 1.32 v ,nb was 2420mhz, htwas 2420 mhz, have,nt got a clue if these are good reading,s please remember its the first time i,ve done this, many tnx chaps.

To attach pics just click on the Go Advanced button at the bottom of any post window and then find the little paperclip tool. Click on it and that will conjure up the file browswer/upload tool. The rest is obvious.

the dark rock pro 3 was a tight fit, close to the ram, but keeps the cpu a lot cooler, very happy with the outcome tho, all in all a good day :)

Attachments

• 20141212_145941.jpg
    20141212_145941.jpg
    507.5 KB · Views: 300
Viewing Captures...

...Image and notations should tell it all. Plus good work on your cpu swap and new cooling. Good luck man.
RGone...ster.

capture only needed.jpeg

sorry abt the picture, tried shrinking it but cant suss it, can you please tell me why my cpu-z going between 4415 and 1545 mhz, is there a problem any where ,thank you :)

Cpu varying in speed from seemed idle state to very fast, is most often a function of Cool N Quiet is enabled per AMD specs. Or Windows Power manager is set to run in "balanced" mode to take advantage of Cool N Quiet, again as per AMD spec.

If for example you turn on or begin to execute P95 Blend mode and the processor jumps from your smaller cpu Mhz to that Wde-open, very fast cpu speed and remains at that FAST speed during the full time P95 Blend mode is in use...then why not? Why run super fast when nothing of any great need of cpu Mhz is in use? Not needed to run super fast at all times if the FAST speed is on all the time when there is real work to be done. That part is key. FAST when work to be done.
RGone...

+1 on running all the green stuff once you get your oc happy, let the thing relax when not in full action.

Excellent work kevvy and it's nice to see when someone takes the time to do proper cable management in the case. My only question is have you stress tested it with Prime Blend yet? For me it's not stable until I can pass two hours Prime Blend. If I can pass 2 hours, I can throw anything I want at my rig without an issue.

thanks for positives chaps. will do prime blend, anyone know where i can get it ,i need to sort how to put the right size pictures up, the only thing i,ve got is gadwin, and the files are too big as they need to be 2mb, mine come out at 2.5mb, even if i take a pic on my phone, :(

right i found prime 95 ,ran it and it said fatal error. will try to put pic up, doing my head in that i cant load pics ,but will try again,

Try windows snipping tool kevvy and save as a jpeg. That should help keep your file size down. There's also MS paint and save as jpeg both will work. Fatal error is likely needing more V_Core

You can also use Ms paint to make the photos smaller then 2 Mb so you can upload them.

Still it sees it as BD architecture, no worries kevvy. You have the right one.

Back