• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Its here!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zakarro

Crosshair Formula Z. Holy crap am I impressed with this thing, what a bios. Not even my infamous DFI Lanpary from AM2 days could match it.
I can controll the friggen VRM phases wow!!! Heck its even better then old school Epox

Was gonna take pictures during install of its glorious beauty but meh it was late and I was lazy.

Btw question for owners.

I was reading about how the headphone jack on front panels amplify level can be adjusted by the ohms impedence in your headphones. Thing is on some ROG boards it auto detects, this I dont thing it does. My Piranhas have 32 ohms, what should I set it to?

Last edited:
For reference, you won't be adjusting ohm rating on any front panel case ports, regardless what sound card you have.

If you run any "gaming" headsets, they are plug and play and do not require anything to be adjusted as they are easy to drive as is.

For reference, you won't be adjusting ohm rating on any front panel case ports, regardless what sound card you have.

If you run any "gaming" headsets, they are plug and play and do not require anything to be adjusted as they are easy to drive as is.

No its not USB its an analog connector its not just plug and play

I never said about adjusting Ohm rating.

Watch this link please to see what im talking about

Bob yeah I did my research, min rating for Supreme FX is 32 so I just leave it at regular level dont want to break these things. lol piranha and my PSU are my oldest parts, the piranhas I got back in 07 and the PSU like in 09. Piranhas use Sony drums i think and the audio quality is superb, not thumping base but good enough according to razer they are meant for pro Counter Strike gaming.

Hey I been happy with em for 7 years, they still work perfectly. Volume wheel and mic switch are a bit worn out but they still work.

No its not USB its an analog connector its not just plug and play

I never said about adjusting Ohm rating.

Watch this link please to see what im talking about

Bob yeah I did my research, min rating for Supreme FX is 32 so I just leave it at regular level dont want to break these things. lol piranha and my PSU are my oldest parts, the piranhas I got back in 07 and the PSU like in 09. Piranhas use Sony drums i think and the audio quality is superb, not thumping base but good enough according to razer they are meant for pro Counter Strike gaming.

Hey I been happy with em for 7 years, they still work perfectly. Volume wheel and mic switch are a bit worn out but they still work.

Of course they aren't USB, but they are simple as plug and play for any low end sound setup.... 32ohm generally(I say generally because there are exceptions, but not from gaming brands since they use cheaper drivers) runs on anything without any fit... You are talking to an audiophile here that has audio equipment for headphones alone costing more than your rig.

I do see what you mean though in regards to that video, and it's interesting to see the powered front ports as I have personally not seen that before. Though with that Razer headset, it would sound the same on standard integrated sound without an amp as well due to the ease of use for those drivers.

Of course they aren't USB, but they are simple as plug and play for any low end sound setup.... 32ohm generally(I say generally because there are exceptions, but not from gaming brands since they use cheaper drivers) runs on anything without any fit... You are talking to an audiophile here that has audio equipment for headphones alone costing more than your rig.

I do see what you mean though in regards to that video, and it's interesting to see the powered front ports as I have personally not seen that before. Though with that Razer headset, it would sound the same on standard integrated sound without an amp as well due to the ease of use for those drivers.

Well it doesnt sound the same cause this sound is Supreme FX which is pretty much the best onboard you can get. I used to have a Xonar D2, you being an audiophile probably use something like that. I can hardly tell the difference. Now gimme a pos 60$ board with its sound and I can.

BUMP:

Concerning the Intel pos NIC on this thing. Anyone manage to get intels drivers working? I got them from their website latest ones and got the same error as a previous board I had with same NIC saying no intel adapter present. Had to twinkel around and do a manual install. "Have disk" after pointing to extracted with winrar archive of intel exe driver. selected 82579v driver and its working, according to ROG forums

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...Intel-82583v-onboard-LAN-driver-to-latest-one

As you can see win 8.1 defaults to the number driver listed above but according to a poster in this thread what I did works and is just a new rebranded marketing scheme from intel.

Last edited:
One more question, considering my Piranhas are 32 ohms my amplify level is set at performance, but if I set at powerfull or extreme the sound is louder and would like to leave it at extreme, would it fry the drums on these headphones or should I be safe?

In simplest terms an amp is merely there to do as the name suggests, raise the loudness level. If you like extreme setting best you can leave it there yes, but if you start hearing any distortion, I highly suggest dropping the sound before you blow the speakers.

What I can say is that with most decent headphones you are going to damage your hearing before you damage the speakers. Remember, you can always get new headphones... But tinnitus for most people is permanent.

As for damage to the speakers in the headset it can happen one of 2 ways aside from physical damage:
Excessive power (trying to dissipate more power than it's designed for, essentially frying the voice coil)

Over excursion (speaker cone tries to travel further than it's physically able).

In simplest terms an amp is merely there to do as the name suggests, raise the loudness level. If you like extreme setting best you can leave it there yes, but if you start hearing any distortion, I highly suggest dropping the sound before you blow the speakers.

What I can say is that with most decent headphones you are going to damage your hearing before you damage the speakers. Remember, you can always get new headphones... But tinnitus for most people is permanent.

As for damage to the speakers in the headset it can happen one of 2 ways aside from physical damage:
Excessive power (trying to dissipate more power than it's designed for, essentially frying the voice coil)

Over excursion (speaker cone tries to travel further than it's physically able).
Oki so if I hear any distortion stop experiment, roger that.
And as for titunittis... lol I doubt headphones would give me that after my party days of 14 years ago of the one standing next to the thousands of watts club speakers blasting progressive trance ;)

Last edited:
Back