• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus RMA, prep me!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'll give em the benefit of the doubt for now... Ill send an email friday and see whats going on :-/

So far everything is going just like my RMA did with ASUS. And I got a brand new obsolete board. LOL. This seems to be the way they do it.

So far everything is going just like my RMA did with ASUS. And I got a brand new obsolete board. LOL. This seems to be the way they do it.

If I get a brand new saberkitty, I wont mind at all, as long as everything works!'

From your email? Weird. Hope they don't pull anything, that seems like a kinda bad start.

Yeah it definitely left me scratching my head!

ugh... got a response today, and it was "sent" from myself. How they managed to do that one, I am quite unsure. This is what they sent me, any idea? ;

Dear ASUS Valued Customer,
Your RMA is scheduled for shipment today. You may check status with the courier directly for estimated delivery date; however please keep in mind that the courier'swebsite may not be updated until after 7pm PST depending on the actual pick up time of your RMA.
Infomation
Customer 000000000000000000000000000000000000
Rma# USPC4C1480
Repair Center ASUS/ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
Shipping Carrier US MAIL
Tracking# No-TrackingNo
Product Type Mother Board
Received Address -my address-

Best Regards,

-My name-
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
TEL: -my phone number-
EMAIL: -my email-

That email looks a tad strange.

The customer number field being all zero's is very odd.

Is that RMA number consistent with what you had been given via Asus RMA site?

Shipping Carrier stated as US Mail is odd, most businesses usually state that as USPS.

The repair center should usually specify what state it's in, but doesn't for some strange reason.

I don't know why they simply list the product type as "Mother Board" and don't state the actual model number.

And probably the most unusual thing is that the contact information is wrong, and they've used your contact information in place of their own company's information.

I'd call them on the telephone for a status update, personally. This might be a fake/spoof email.

Last edited:
Rma number is correct, and they typed out my hand written complaint, so it's very much real. I'm sure it's just a srewup.

GOOD NEWS! I GOT A RESPONSE TODAY! Or something. Im rather annoyed haha

因為限制不能傳遞到這個地址,所以無法傳遞您的郵件。

系統管理員的診斷資訊:

產生的伺服器: intra.asus.com

[email protected]
#550 5.7.1 RESOLVER.RST.NotAuthorized; not authorized ##

原始郵件標頭:

Received: from ms.asus.com (192.168.89.190) by TP-INTERHUB-V02.corpnet.asus
(172.21.130.151) with Microsoft SMTP Server id 14.3.195.1; Sun, 4 Jan 2015
23:52:55 +0800
X-IronPort-Anti-Spam-Filtered: true
X-IronPort-Anti-Spam-Result: AscAAPdgqVTRVdy0nGdsb2JhbABJE4JDgRVYBIMBsFUGkFGBaYVxAn0HFgEBAQEBARABAQEBAQYNCQkULoQNAQEBAxIRHQEbHgMMBgULNwICIgERAQUBHAYTIocsSQEDEQUInCc+MYsugWuCCW6JfwoZJw1UgzcBAQEBAQEEAQEBAQEBAQEBEwEFDoV1iRIRASoiC4JogUEFhSaEJYgJhTSBDTCCNYdNRx2BdIFvEiOBDAmELiAxAYECBQQXgSABAQE
X-IPAS-Result: AscAAPdgqVTRVdy0nGdsb2JhbABJE4JDgRVYBIMBsFUGkFGBaYVxAn0HFgEBAQEBARABAQEBAQYNCQkULoQNAQEBAxIRHQEbHgMMBgULNwICIgERAQUBHAYTIocsSQEDEQUInCc+MYsugWuCCW6JfwoZJw1UgzcBAQEBAQEEAQEBAQEBAQEBEwEFDoV1iRIRASoiC4JogUEFhSaEJYgJhTSBDTCCNYdNRx2BdIFvEiOBDAmELiAxAYECBQQXgSABAQE
X-IronPort-AV: E=Sophos;i="5.07,695,1413216000";
d="scan'208";a="459624121"
Received: from mail-vc0-f180.google.com ([209.85.220.180]) by ms.asus.com
with ESMTP; 04 Jan 2015 23:52:53 +0800
Received: by mail-vc0-f180.google.com with SMTP id im6so7907467vcb.11
for <[email protected]>; Sun, 04 Jan 2015 07:52:52 -0800 (PST)
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed;
d=gmail.com; s=20120113;
h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to
:content-type;
bh=usE6eeg51exCiRvog5xX7f93il5SE1cO6R36yL3KQmU=;
b=FmIc9zjp/CfA7KQzPYy4qKypKz6cX0L4EDzAq4tA41akEzXhYM9KYerOEnnTT34YUS
oBWGdiI/zoKVbmTiSjJv+BnLcRx4XyFDJQBuiEsfqkHoI44+lfo+9zp6aWL7J0eMyFlb
fsXwnRaXBftSIGvVk2hGY0829f883xW+6cpiwYRJg3WPbAlWQkTAdi7sUsoAxQJQEYNJ
4abIRpZqjoEQq//AtRXagG1iCwjjldn3EGMts8F2QkwKEEIXGhpmaPjCRr6FsC1sxxNS
WphaAi+Zlu1hC5Y8DvvCg7SmbOnhkFvkrMY+9VecNKVAkhCuvYsklMv8NxrVDXROPtL5
lHvg==
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-Received: by 10.52.252.3 with SMTP id zo3mr45380624vdc.51.1420386772393;
Sun, 04 Jan 2015 07:52:52 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.52.15.9 with HTTP; Sun, 4 Jan 2015 07:52:52 -0800 (PST)
In-Reply-To: <1407509043.47.1418541457749.JavaMail.Administrator@ACI-CMSAP-01>
References: <1407509043.47.1418541457749.JavaMail.Administrator@ACI-CMSAP-01>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2015 10:52:52 -0500

Well... my motherboard got delivered just now haha. Its the same board, but its very clean, looks brand new, so thats good :) guess I should put this puppy together!

Well... my motherboard got delivered just now haha. Its the same board, but its very clean, looks brand new, so thats good :) guess I should put this puppy together!

How were you able to tell?

Best of luck there!

Glad everything went rather effortlessly :)

Let us know how she runs.

@ ATM -> Saberkitties have serial printed on the PCB, so... unless they have some witch craft xD Even has my OC profile saved still (Which is nice, didn't really wanna do that tonight haha)

All in all, I can't say Im displeased with everything, but I WILL say they absolutely SUCK in the communication department.

Board is running great so far, ALL my USB ports are working now (not sure what they did to be honest o_O), and I guess time will tell when I get another SSD.

@ ATM -> Saberkitties have serial printed on the PCB, so... unless they have some witch craft xD Even has my OC profile saved still (Which is nice, didn't really wanna do that tonight haha)

All in all, I can't say Im displeased with everything, but I WILL say they absolutely SUCK in the communication department.

Board is running great so far, ALL my USB ports are working now (not sure what they did to be honest o_O), and I guess time will tell when I get another SSD.

I figured they had some sort of serial, just didn't know if that was how you were checking.

Good news about the USB ports! I would guess they replaced either the controller or the ports, personally.

LMAO

That's because they want you to deal with it yourself.

Hey as long as they ship it out and everything's good with the new one. Best of luck Bob.

EDIT:

Didn't realize there was a page 2. Glad you have a working board again. I will add that ASRock's communication isn't great, but it's much better than what you have here.

Last edited:
Yeah right on haha.

ASrock killer will be sent in this week when I get ******** MO sent out. Hopefully its as smooth as this one was. As I said, I cant care less for communication as long as the stuff gets done in timely fashion :)

Back