• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Advice on my current build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Raid ssd'd eh:). I'll need to research this, thanks Daleon. ATM I know a 4.2 OC can be had with a good air cooler. I just figured it as a arbitrary number, with a nice peppy memory set up running even my 8320 at 4.2 on water will be nice and silent and not really be lowering the life span of components. Again I really have no real world experience to base my ideas on, just what I have read so don't mind me.:chair:

LW:comp:

With good air you'll be able to get an 8320 up to ~4.5GHz and keep it quiet.

NOTE: I'm not trying to discourage you from custom watercooling. Just wanting to make sure you know that your goals are easily attainable on good air cooling.
The reason behind this, custom watercooling isn't "Plug N Play" like an air cooler. It takes time to plan, a hefty budget, and routine maintenance.

Thanks for the info ATM. I'm in no rush to get there, once I get the SSD going on this rig I'll be content to take my time with the proper due diligence and planning of the next rig. To me its another journey in learning etc.
I've built a cnc router in the past and have been very active in building,coding,flying rc multicopters. So modding, building, and learning all of this is what I'm after not necessarily just having the end product. I'm glad I decided to join here and speak up instead of heading it alone via youtube vids or even just lurking around. Thanks again everyone, I will do a build log when I'm ready. Here's a quick link to a multicopter vid I made this past summer. Don't mind me acting like a dork its always seems to happen when I have a camera on:-/
:thup:

LW

So modding, building, and learning all of this is what I'm after not necessarily just having the end product.

That by itself tells me you'll do it properly whenever you decide to!

Cool video :thup:

Back