• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED G.Skill Ripjaws4 4x4GB DDR4-3000 CL15 - F4-3000C15Q-16GRBB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Woomack

Benching Team Leader
I just got one of the F4-3000C15Q-16GRBB kits. It's a new kit - available for a week or maybe two. It's also slightly lower bin than the DDR4-3000 CL15 that we used to see in earlier reviews ( also on OCF ) as it has 15-16-16 main timings instead of 15-15-15 ... but it also cost about 30% less ( at least in EU ). Many stores have it listed as Rev 2.0.

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

I've seen info on the other sites that this memory can be found with Samsung IC but my kit has Hynix so simply you can't be sure what you get unless you check it. Looks like Hynix can run at tighter timings while Samsungs easier make higher clock. Effective performance at declared settings or after overclock should be similar.

There is only one XMP profile in 2.0 version - 15-16-16-35 2N 1.35V , which you can see below.

xmp.jpg

Now couple of overclocking results. Please check how high I set CPU and cache clock so results won't mislead you in case of any comparison.

3000 CL13-14-15-15 1N 1.50V

3000c13.jpg

3200 14-15-16-15 1N 1.50V

3200c14.jpg

3000 10-13-15-15 1N 1.70V ( actually all sticks are passing HyperPi 32M at 1.65V separately but together need higher voltage )

3000c10.jpg

For all who like lower voltages, it's possible to set fully stable 3200 15-15-16-15 1N 1.35V. I forgot to make screenshot of this result but I used exactly the same profile as for Ripjaws 4 DDR4-2666 C15 1.2V kit and it was working stable. Lower clocked Ripjaws 4 kit passed then 3.5h+ AIDA64 memory+cache stability test without issues. Maybe I will add this result later. Below is screenshot with AIDA64 bandwidth @3200 CL16 1.35V.

3200.jpg

If you can't see what is on the screenshots then use right mouse button and pick view picture or open in another window. I thought this issue was already fixed but it's back.

Also feel free to leave comments or your results here or in my main memory test thread -> http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/732290-Woomack-s-memory-test-list

Thanks for taking the time Woomack.

I have this kit so it will be interesting to try this out, are you setting sub timings custom, stock or preset ?

I'm never using presets. All custom or auto if I'm too lazy and I care about something else than pure performance.
This is not the same kit as you have. I mentioned about it at the beginning. Your kit is 15-15-15, this one is new version 15-16-16 which is also much cheaper. This new version just appeared in the stores and as I also mentioned, some stores have it listed as Rev 2.
Your kit should make tighter timings at 3200+ or at least should run at lower voltage.

say something more :)
btw. is your G.Skill kit still in RMA ? You could show some results ;) ... on 8 core cpu AIDA64 bandwidth will be for sure higher.

Yea, my kit is back from RMA

played with a bit when I first got it, fried um and really have not addressed it agian

is it a free download ? , don't have it

was planning on trying some of these settings for some SPI action though

AIDA64 is free as trial but some options or benchmark results are locked. I have review copy.
There is no AIDA64 category in rankings just because updates are quite often and sometimes there are improvements which are changing benchmark results. However it's probably the best memory bandwidth benchmark which will tell you quick if your memory is performing good or if your latest timing/clock changes are improving general performance or not.

Wow Woomack looks like you received a good cpu with this one, what are you cooling it with on that SS. I'm assuming subambient?

Thanks :) Last screenshot on dice ( more results on hwbot and around the forums ). If it was 8 core cpu then bandwidth would probably reach ~100GB/s. My last 5820K could make ~5GHz max and no more than 4.7GHz cache on ss.

Thanks :) Last screenshot on dice ( more results on hwbot and around the forums ). If it was 8 core cpu then bandwidth would probably reach ~100GB/s. My last 5820K could make ~5GHz max and no more than 4.7GHz cache on ss.
Gratz!!! Woomack.

Back