• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Figure out correct timings for G.Skill memory on Asus Maximus VII Hero

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cashxx

Wondering if someone can help me with RAM timings? Do I have them correct? How do I figure out if it they are correct?

Ram I purchased is:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231429
9-9-9-24 1.5v

Ram timings I copied:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231758
11-13-13-31 1.5v

The system seems to be stable with the Ram timings I copied so should I just leave it alone, more curious if those are the correct Ram timings if its figured out correctly? After making the Ram adjustments I had to down clock my video card overclock by about 100mhz. Was using MaxxMEM2 Preview for the benchmarks and it made a huge difference going from 1600 to 1866 to 2133. Ran memtest86 for about an hour and it was stable, I haven't ran it over night yet.

Below are my specs:............

Asus Maximus VII Hero BIOS 1104
Intel 4790k at 4.8ghz 1.28v
Noctua NH-D14 Heatsink
16GB G.Skill Ripjaw
EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0 4GB 04G-P4-2974-KR

Last edited:
Memory clock or timings shouldn't affect any other component overclock ( at least not till ~2933 on haswells ). If you tested everything and it's stable then timings are fine. Play some games or make additional tests for some longer to check if everything is perfectly stable. Sometimes everything is passing popular tests but is crashing after 1h+ playing games.

Everything was fine until I threw Arma 3 in the mix....but it seems to be just related to my video card overclock and I'm slowly lowering it. At stock settings I have no issues so its my overclock on the video card, most likely the memory from what I am seeing. Thanks for the feedback!

Why? To my knowledge anything under 3.0v should be fine long term. Seen a lot of others way over that voltage. Running 31c idle to 70c load I believe.

Oh no you're correct....lol............1.30v...........I'm running at 1.28v!!

Back