• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a suitable laptop for a Desktop replacement!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ajay, I'm not sure what you mean by "and a new WR Record"...
The WR for 4x HWBot Prime is 7242.94 pps.

Sorry ATMIN i should have explained it better than i did i meant in relation to the CPU or GPU of my Laptop and nothing else, and thanks for pointing that out to me!

One shall edit the post!! :rain:

Just suddenly started enjoying life again now i am Benching. :D :salute:

Ajay.

Last edited:
In all my excitement of having my new Laptop i forgot to post some night shoots showing the BACKLIGHT KEYBOARD that GIGABYTE included on this P25X V2 CF4!

P1010170.png

THIS ONE IS 50% SO THERE ARE 2 SETTINGS YOU CAN CHOOSE FROM!

P1010171.png

THESE 2 SHOTS ARE AT 100% BACKLIGHT ON THE KEYBOARD if your using your laptop and you do not want to disturb anyone this can really help out, and yeah it looks great too!

P1010172.png

Enjoy looking,

Ajay.

Last edited:
Now i have cooled down on the Benchmarks for a while the next project or possible up grade to my P25 V2 CF4 is a RAID 0 SET UP, at this time i am still reading and waiting till i am sure it will benefit overall!

But from what i have been reading over the last few days looks very interesting it could have the potential of speeding up the Laptop and help me with my Benchmarking by increasing the overall scores.

Also for the Gamers out there the potential benefits are real and substantial as well for loading times and playing games. ;) :thup:

Here is what is possible to install, just scroll down to STORAGE ON THE LIST!

1, http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5053#sp

As you can see it is quite a large amount for a Laptop with lots of different configurations to select. ;)

The only downside to this up grade is upon changing from AHCI to RAID 0 you will lose or wipe clean all you Data from the OS Drive you are using! You could back up all your data on a USB STICK and re-install it after the up grade, but there are lots of methods on the Web to help you with that. ;)

THIS IS WHAT I AM LOOKING TO INSTALL! :thup:

samsung-MZ-MTE250BW-1-l.jpg

1093096_BB_01_FB.EPS_1000.jpg

I already have 1 Msata EVO 250GB as my OS DRIVE and i would be looking to add a second! Although it say's you can run different capacity size drive, i would say its best to use two the same size and Specs! :attn:

Happy Reading,

Ajay.

Why are you adding a second drive in R0 in the first place?

Is it because you need the added speed for your daily work (doesn't help in benchmarks outside of PCMark, BTW...). If you don't need the throughput, do you like the added risk of losing your data/array for no reason?

If its just because that is OK, but... if I was you, I wouldn't R.0 anything as you don't need it and it introduces more risk to your system.

Well it was a idea until i read your post just now ED i understand there is a risk of losing everything, just thinking and checking with someone who knows more than me.

Thanks for the advice,

Ajay.

What i am going to do is buy these from the USA and fit them to the P25X V2 CF4 here i 100% believe that this will improve the Temps for the Mosfets and the VRM Section. :thup:

Which will help me to push my Overclock further if i want to later after the MOD i shall order these in the next week or so! ;)

Snap 2015-01-28 at 16.21.02.png

Snap 2015-01-28 at 16.22.21.png

And at the same time i will also consider up grading the Thermal Paste for the CPU & GPU to help with those Temps. ;)

Regards,

Ajay.

Last edited:
After checking out my Temps @ idle and @ Load it looks like i do really need this up grade, i am reaching the 90c with some cores and the CPU is Throttling Back by 10% or more. So here are my Temps before the up grade and i will post photo's of my up grade and Temp results afterwards hopefully its going to improve things, and at least stop the CPU from Throttling back! :attn: :thup:

AT IDLE AFTER SWITCH ON!

Snap 2015-01-29 at 19.31.07.png

AFTER RUNNING AIDA64 CPU TEST!

Snap 2015-01-29 at 12.30.32.png

Ajay.

The News is i have placed the order with Frozencpu and its on its way via UPS should be here within a week or so, then i will post some photo's of the Laptop when i do the up grade. :attn: :thup:

This is the same idea but on a GIGABYTE P34G V2!

I am hoping for much better results due to the high class materials i have on order, and i am replacing all the Pads for the Mosfets, VRM's.

Reserved space!

Ajay.

Last edited:
I have been tracking the order via UPS from the USA to UK its now at my local post office i hope it will be here soon then i can take the Laptop apart, and start to work on the cooling section.

I have all the cleaning Materials and TIM here just waiting to go so just watch this space we hope for a positive result ED. ;) :thup:

Regards,

ME! :salute:

Well, as mentioned in the Frozen thread, it has nothing to do with them. Glad you are getting it. Enjoy!

Will have to drive over in the car pay the extra money owing and bring it back home abt a 1 hour round trip worth it though.

Me.

So, do you have that lap top all doctored up yet Ajay?

Not yet buddy will pick up the order Friday, we are at a friends house today the wife wanted to visit, will start the work over the weekend and do the testing.

Will post the results on here for the members to see soon.

Ajay.

Yeah my friend wants me to help speed up his PC its nice to share and help out, its seems to have made it respond faster than before a Dual core Intel with a HDD!

A bit of Defrag and cleaning and hey presto lol!!

UPDATE:Friday i have collected the items purchased from FCPU and yeah i have to say i am really lucky to see these here in the UK right now!! :) :thup:

P1010175.png

These are the EXTREME COOLING PADS @ 17 W/mk that will dissipate the heat away much quicker than the box standard ones installed by the Manufacturer! ;)

P1010174.png

Will post the results soon, we all hope there is a good drop in Temps. :salute:

Ajay.

Last edited:
Well after a full days work of changing this Laptop TIM and Thermal Pads i am very pleased to say it was worth it and surprising results to the overall amount its gone down. ;) :thup:

Here is the before notice the 99% load due to the Throttling, i think the Temps would be above 91c if it was not for the shutting down! :attn:

Snap 2015-02-03 at 19.46.59.png

And here is the result after reapplying new TIM and the Thermal Pads from FCPU notice the highest is 78c and its fairly even! :attn:

Also if you have the FANS on full speed you can still reduce the 78c to the lower 70's in Temps.

Snap 2015-02-14 at 18.49.27.png

One important thing i must add is i had to get professional help with this, the reason is to get to the CPU & GPU plus the COPPER HEAT PIPES THAT COOL everything its deep inside, and you have to take the whole laptop apart down to a motherboard and heat pipes.

But even so, its well worth the amount of time and effort and it should pay dividends and last for some time to come. ;) :salute:

Thanks for looking into this thread i hope it may help someone!! :salute:

Regards to All,

Ajay.

Last edited:
I just wanted to post these results to show that the cooling has been a successful step by allowing more stability to the CPU and allowing increased OC on the GPU as well.

These are all runs i did after the upgrade to see if it did increase my overall scores on different benchmarks!

Snap 2015-02-14 at 20.29.18.png

This one broke the "9000" barrier which is incredible for a Laptop!

Snap 2015-02-15 at 10.45.07.png

With this score i would have liked to get through the "6000" barrier if possible!

Snap 2015-02-15 at 11.43.50.png

This gave me a first place and a "GOLD CUP!"

Snap 2015-02-15 at 18.58.57.png

This gave me another "GOLD CUP" and First place!

Snap 2015-02-17 at 13.12.03.png

This increased my overall score in third place and with a good run i might gain second place!

Snap 2015-02-17 at 13.33.57.png

This beat the other guy's score for me to win first place and a "GOLD CUP!"

Snap 2015-02-17 at 13.52.29.png

Sadly i missed first place by "60" points, but increased my score in 2nd place i will try again to win 1st place soon!

Its been great sharing Info in this LAPTOP THREAD i feel it shows with the right kind of equipment it is possible to do things with the right kind of mind set.

Regards to all and thank you for taking the time to look around,

Ajay.

Back