• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows for Students, OnTheHub.com?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Niku-Sama

trying to find a discounted version of windows for my wife since shes going to school and wont take the freaking time to wander down to student services to see if there were any on campus deals for students.
did a quick search for windows for students and found this.

http://onthehub.com/

any one have any experience with this?
the school shes attending is listed under free and discounted software (think windows was like $10, office was free)

trying to find a discounted version of windows for my wife since shes going to school and wont take the freaking time to wander down to student services to see if there were any on campus deals for students.

I wouldn't trust it. They are using a privacy guard service to hide who they are. In this case they are using Perfect Privacy, LLC. If you are not sure about a website you can always do a whois search. If they were legitimate, they would be hiding who they are.

the school shes attending is listed under free and discounted software (think windows was like $10, office was free)

100% legit.

I've used them for 4(!) Windows 7 keys and 2 Windows Server 2008 R2 keys through my college.

Totally safe. :thup:

The whois search threw me off. In general terms, if a url is using a privacy guard service, it's not a good idea to do business with them. Since it is vetted, then it is gtg.

To throw more information in, the entire SDBOR system (South Dakota 4yr+ colleges) uses OnTheHub. I've pulled many things from them.

Lots of good stuff there, if you are a student, there is no reason not to take advantage this.

hmm confusing, I dug a little deeper and for what ever reason the discounted software is for faculty and staff....
says nothing about students I wouldn't consider students faculty and it seems kind of redundant to say faculty and staff

I donno

hmm confusing, I dug a little deeper and for what ever reason the discounted software is for faculty and staff....
says nothing about students I wouldn't consider students faculty and it seems kind of redundant to say faculty and staff

I donno

There's actually a big distinction at Universities about faculty and staff.
Faculty are professors and other individuals that teach. Staff is anyone on payroll by the University (i.e. maintenance, book store workers, etc).

That said, I've seen plenty of Universities that don't have student software programs.

Back