• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a quality headset, headphones for $50-$150.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Bob4933, thanks for suggestion, but that is too much.)) Plus they are closed.
Would you guys buy a refurbished headphones?

Last edited:
You really gotta get out of that "closed" vs "open" box. You're seriously limiting yourself with quality options. They do sound different, but a good headset is a good headset.

That pair of headphones is really far away from my budget(<$150). One of the reasons why I prefer open head phones is that they make less pressure on the internal ear structure and make less damage.

That pair of headphones is really far away from my budget(<$150). One of the reasons why I prefer open head phones is that they make less pressure on the internal ear structure and make less damage.

I know that particular pair is, but if you're demanding open ear headsets, youre really limiting your options here at that price range.

If you're listening to closed cans at volumes that can damage your hearing, youre doing it wrong! lol

I understood your point about me limiting myself, but I think I will not change my preference.
Any headphones are damaging hearing. It just depends how fast you will loose it. It is like wear and tear for any thing.

Right now I am thinking to get HD 558. Since they are relatively cheap. Or they are no different from 518? Even though I haven't had pleasant experience with Sennheiser. Once I bought Senn. plugs. And they were terrible because the cable was very sensative and I heard every touch to it. And it was terrible, cause they were supposed for use with my Walkman player.

Edited:
What do you think about thse headphones? They are made of wood.
http://www.amazon.com/Symphonized-P...p/B00C313XBW?tag=dealnewscom&m=A2X0F4F8T5BV34

And still, if it is a pair of closed headphones, I might consider them.

Last edited:
The 558 is a fine choice and you can mod them to sound similar to the 598 with a foam mod. The 558 and 598 use the same drivers just so you know.

As for the Symphonized brand you posted, I'm really unfamiliar with both the brand and that headphone. I tried looking but couldn't find a quality review on them, no good reviews and no bad reviews from my quick search. You aren't losing much if you want to try them out, just do more research on them to verify they are worthwhile.

Back