• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can sabertooth support SAS?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bob4933

Can't find anything saying yes or no. If someone knows, or has one to try out, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

I searched the manual and found no mention of "SAS" in it. I do not believe SAS drives will work with a SATA backplane (converter) either...

I think your more workstation level boards have those options in them.

SAS is backward compatible with SATA, but not the other way around. In short: no.

According to my quick Google search, USB Attached SCSI/SAS. I don't suggest going that route. If you want something solid, get a good quality SAS card.

Why do you need SAS for a consumer level system?

Pick up a used Dell Perc SAS PCI-e card on ebay. You can get them for around $20 but you also have to get SAS cabling. I tell you what, though, SAS controllers run hot hot. I siliconed an 80mm case fan onto mine.

@thid - normally I would never consider it, but my dad's work place is restructuring their server systems, and are basically "giving away" their 20TB nas rig t upgrade to a petabyte storage. 100$ for 20TB seemed to be "a good deal" haha.

Trents - yeah I saw those while searching around. Seem to have mixed reviews from things I've seen. It's probably too much to bother with honestly.

Back