• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CS:GO stuh-st-stuttering

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

devlos

I have 290x and fx-8350 trying to play Counter strike but the game is stuttering every other second. I can play Call of duty aw fine with no stutter. Yesterday I played CS with no stutter. I have not changed drivers or updated anything.

I reset catalyst control to defaults and video options in game to defaults with absolutely no change. V-sync on and off didn't help anything. Also rebooted a few times with the stutter persisting

This is driving me nuts!!! (for the last 2 and a half hrs. Please HELP? :grouphug:

Last edited:
No, I guess I will now and see if that clears it up. Thanks.

I tried checking integrity first and had 1 issue, fixed it but it still stuttered. I am re-installing 100% now.

hmmm.PNG

I have re-installed and CS still has the stutter, COD-AW plays perfectly. I would really like to fix this because I can make money with CS:GO. I am willing to try anything you all suggest as I've already done everything I could think off myself and with googling and searching the forum.

full uninstall and driversweep and reinstall of video drivers? Try some other games and see? Is it all source-based games? Does it happen with portal2/tf2/etc?

It does not happen with other source games. Going to re-install drivers next/by tomorrow.

EDIT--

It doesn't happen with any other game I have. Why!!!???1!! :cry::fight:

Last edited:
I have had that happen several times with CS:GO to the point that I am getting 5fps constantly and the audio is broken up. My solution was to reboot and it fixed the issue. It also only happened with CS:GO and no other game. I was using the 14.9 driver at the time. I have since then moved, on to the Omega driver and I have not experienced it yet. It was frustrating thought for the several times it happened! I only play competitive and its scary to have to restart in the middle for fear of getting that 'abandoned game cooldown' penalty. Hopefully you get it resolved, and let us know what you did to resolve it!

EDIT:

You could look into this:

Sorry the URL button did not work for me for some reason.

Check this also, as posted by one of the readers:

Another crazy fix that I found out by accident and that worked for me is to unplug any ps3, xbox etc controllers from your PC just disabling them or even using -nojoy won't work. I have absolutely no idea why this works but it does with an xbox controller connected to my PC I get a stuttery 50-70 fps regardless if I use the lowest or highest graphics and limiting my fps to 64 with fps_max 64 brings it down to a stuttery 40. After unplugging the controller fps limiting works as is should and I'm able to have a non-stuttery constant 128 fps with the highest settings using fps_max 128 (or 150-200 fps without limits).

Last edited:
Thanks for the help everyone it's stopped stuttering. The issue must have been the audio drivers being out of date. As soon as I updated drivers from realtek's site and rebooted......bam no stutter! I tried every single thing in this thread all the way up to the reddit link before the problem was solved. Night and day after installing the realtek drivers. Thank you thank you thank you!!

I can't figure out why it was fine one minute then problem started while nothing else changed, not gonna worry too much, I'm really happy to have it fixed. Can prob disable sound and run game to see if this is your issue.

Last edited:
:thup::D Really happy to have everything up and running how it should, thanks!

CS:GO is pretty quirky. I think its just that source engine in general. Glad its working :)

Back