• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Call for Benching Action !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ZL1

Senior Crypto Caretaker
hey guys, I know I haven't been all that active myself, but we need to really put into high gear this month, just as the holidays approach, or Klan-OC will overtake us, any day now, any minute even, they are just 12 points away ! its scary stuff :(

so if you got it, bench it ! I plan to answer my own call by benching some GPUs I have this weekend, my strongest CPU&mobo combo sit in my daily driver and its a pain to tear that apart for benching sessions, but we just cant let this happen, common guys, I know that between all of us there is a lot of hard that hasn't been benched yet, don't worry if you wont hit world records, even small stuff can bring the team points and that goes a long way ;)

BENCH BENCH BENCH ! :attn:

12/22 - we did it, but the difference is 2 points ! keep going guys !

12/24 - 250 points ahead ! now we're talking :attn:

Last edited:
They are overtaking us everytime 8pack is making longer benching session or get new stuff like couple of GTX980. After couple of days he loses points and we back to 6th spot.

To gain much more points and jump higher we need really high hardware point submissions or world record points. Right now we make mainly "garbage" points "stealing" most points from each other when we beat other team members by couple of points. It's just TPP system fault and because of that many team members have no motivation to push harder.

It doesn't change fact that all should try for the best :)

I will stand firm by my "every lil point helps" statement. Take my recent submit, I have an i5 at work, its on Linux so I cant run everything on it, but I ran hwbotprime and there 3.6 points for the team; I need to find a way to put a win hdd on it and steal it away for a few hrs; that will be min 30 points for the team. These hardware points are strong points that will stay (bc its new hard for the team and even if a team member overtakes me later, that will only improve, we will never loose these points) so IMO they mean even more than big globals :p

I meant single submissions for 100+ TPP. When you bench something for like 5 TPP then it's good but with so many team members for sure others will bench the same hardware sooner or later. At the end it looks like each next person adds to the total TPP 0.1-2 points max unless it's really popular hardware and new submission is like 100 spots higher in ranking.
Every little point is counting, that's for sure.

Agree ZL1, every little bit helps, I understand what Woomack is saying, but bettering our team score in any hardware category regardless of how large or small be it hardware or global the bump still helps the team. The TPP"s just get shuffled around is all. They don't leave the team, just the individual.
So you have to look at it and think are you benching for the team or for yourself.
If we put up some decent numbers we will get to a point where we will no longer be susceptible to a single persons results, no matter how good they are, that where we need to go, and TBH we are not to far away from that.

Single Bencher = Weak

United benching = Strong

Ran a few last night with a 290x

The best thing is to not worry about the points, just bench and have fun, the points fall where they fall

Last edited:
Been crazy between work and family stuff so not sure how much benching I'll get in over the next few weeks. That said, the new mobo (rive be) arrives today! Going to run the 4960x and a pair of 780Ti matrix cards all under water for a few weeks to learn the chip and cards and generally get most settings (incl. vga overclocks) figured out. When I've got stuff close to dialed in and have a little more free time, will then throw the cpu under cascade (with 780Ti's under water) and let it rip. Hoping for some decent 2d/3d globals then it's hwboints-land as I start running a load of cards through the setup.

Net, net...not much from me the next few weeks but January/February will hopefully be decent.

Slacker ............... :rofl:

Just kidding bro, this time of year is tough. trying to squeeze in what I can :sly:

All I want for Christmas is my two Neweeg gift cards ......... lol

I have two 980s coming. Hopefully I can post some decent 2x or 3x scores later this week or, more probably, when I come back in January

Agree ZL1, every little bit helps get to a point where we will no longer be susceptible to a single persons results, no matter how good they are,

The best thing is to not worry about the points, just bench and have fun, the points fall where they fall

Speak of the devil :rofl: Your up there too EDIT and funsoul. Nice work!!

stdevil.PNG

Last edited:
glad to hear u guys are onboard :cheers:

I gave up on the GPU tests, the 6950 I have is just too weak it seems :( so instead I picked up a 2500 non-k at a good price and started on that, no one here benched that, so that's good clean TPP :) have my eye on another E5500 at work too, again no one benched it; and maybe somehow I can get the server offline for a few hours to bench its CPU :D

urban dictionary said:
You're killing it!!

You're doing really well; you're destroying the competition

Ex:
Wow, great job on the Shelby.tv presentations. You're killing it! Everyone wants to invest now -- keep up the good work.

lol, dunno about that, my modesty prohibits such an assumption, esp since hes pulling huge numbers in comparison to lil ol me :)

Numbers mean little, the effort you are putting forth in the sheer number of subs is insane :thup:

Much respect

Numbers mean little, the effort you are putting forth in the sheer number of subs is insane :thup:

Much respect

oh :) thank you, thank you
I do try, sadly don't have as much time and money to spend on it as I used to, but I still like taking advantage of a piece of hard here and there when I see it; like i've said earlier and actually many times before that, TPPs are really good, they help the team and they stick with the team no matter what

ok, I managed 30 TPP out of the 2500, started on the e5500 at work (a bit harder to work, but its doable), this chip is lookin real good too, think it will prove more useful than the 2500 :)

anyone else in for this ? guys if we each pull 50-100 TPP we not only take care of the klan guys, we may get back at classicplatforms ;)

Back