• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG Prodigy 2.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kamakasi

So this is gonna be a decentally slow moving project log. But i will try to keep it updated best possible.

First my name is Rusty. Been around for awhile. But i built a water cooled bitfenix prodigy awhile back and am bored with it. So im gonna do a different type of build with the bitfenix prodigy. Enjoy!!

unnamed3.jpg

20140814_200515.jpg

That is how it currently sits.

10850220_871143826239929_7374570539951484738_n.jpg

Sneak peak of the start of what im hoping will end in success.

I'm gonna leave color scheme blue and white.

Rusty

Oh with this new build i will be able to house..or should be able to house 6+ fans, 2x3.5 HDD 1xSSD. Or 1x.3.5 and 2xSSD, and Water cooled system. Just full mobo water block.

Last edited:
Ordered new white Prodigy case, blue rivets. and Corsair 350D grommets. So now i can actually start modding the case when i get it. Stoked. i keep remeasuring everything to make sure this will work. Only had one issue and i fixed it. :) Merry Christmas All!!

Got a buddy that is gonna powder coat case for free. Just want to make sure it matches the handles.

Got the new case. Here is how it sits now

unnamed-1.jpg

Fully stripped ready for breakdown

Part i need to cut out of back

unnamed1-1.jpg

Did a few things today

New backplate piece
newyears5.jpg

Back panel cut off and inside gutted
newyears1.jpg

Grommets installed
newyears3.jpg

newyears2.jpg

Back side of case again.
newyears4.jpg

Thanks for viewing

is that texalium or vinyl? Looks cool either way :) If its texalium, good work on that! Its a pain to use around corners, and looks like you did a good job without getting bubbles or creases on the curves.

Cool, vinyl can still suck, but texalium is another Animal entirely haha.

Can't wait to see this finished up :)

Going through everything again to make sure i order everything possible at one time.

Still have to order P8z77-i full mobo waterblock, connectors, misc, new ssd, and 3.5 storage drive. Then powdercoat time.

Few updates. Taking my time with it since i want it to look as good as possible. Sanding it now then off to powdercoating. So far so good.

Enjoy.

unnamed (25).jpg
unnamed (26).jpg
unnamed (27).jpg
unnamed (28).jpg
unnamed (29).jpg

Back