• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

x99 motherboards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bob4933

It's been a few months now. Not looking to spend 500$ on a motherboard if it can be avoided. Hopefully a motherboard has crept out of the shadows and proven itself. Googling reviews has been fruitless, as they are all "well reviewed".

Will most certainly be going 5820k route.

No spectacular requirements, in order my preferences are

1) stable, reliable performance.
2) more usb ports, better. USB 3.0 amount is NOT an issue
3) more power phases, the better ofc.
4) at least 6 sata ports
5) solid ram performance

As usual, thanks in advance.

Didn't check to see if it meets your requirements but it's a steal at this price if you're looking for a X99

If you are not going to break world records then every X99 mobo is about the same. All have similar features etc. and all X99 boards are high end products. Almost all have also similar amount of phases and performance is about the same on all of them regardless how much you pay.
More expensive boards have additional OC options like ASUS ROG or additional PCIe lanes for additional PCIE x16 cards. Except that there are almost no differences.

I haven't heard any complains about ASRock, MSI, Gigabyte or ASUS. My MSI had 2 dead BIOS chips but I think it's a single case.

If you are not going to break world records then every X99 mobo is about the same. All have similar features etc. and all X99 boards are high end products. Almost all have also similar amount of phases and performance is about the same on all of them regardless how much you pay.
More expensive boards have additional OC options like ASUS ROG or additional PCIe lanes for additional PCIE x16 cards. Except that there are almost no differences.

I haven't heard any complains about ASRock, MSI, Gigabyte or ASUS. My MSI had 2 dead BIOS chips but I think it's a single case.

This is pretty much what I keep seeing. Bear in mind, I am coming from the AMD fx side of the house, so I am a bit gunshy with motherboards. So I'd be "safe" with the EVGA X99-FTW? I like the style of that board myself and the 90 degree 24 pin is just common sense at this point imo.

If you are looking at the EVGA Mobo, maybe log on or look around as guest to see what other members are saying. :shrug:

Its always best sometimes to get the low down from the horses mouth as they say, cost you a few minutes, but might save you Dollars later. ;)

Just seen this HOT OFF THE PRESS!!

1, http://www.overclockers.com/evga-x99-ftw-motherboard-review

Enjoy the read.

Ajay.

Last edited:
Log on........... to the EVGA website?

That is one place. Or, we just published a review, today, on that board on our front page. ;)

Or as i have just posted ED's great review, read that as well either way you bound to be better informed!

Ajay.

Just had a good read of that. I HAVE read reviews, however, picking apart which ones arent biased reviews, paid reviews, or reviews from ignorant people that don't know better is always a challenge. I'd much rather have input from you guys than trust any random review I can google.

Looks like you just did that by reading mine. LOL! :)

Yeah no doubt. Very in depth review as well, including overclocking, which a lot of reviews DONT have.

I think thats my choice, but I will be doing some more waiting to determine exactly what rig Im going to go for.

More research can make it easier on the cash pocket i would say, less chance for silly mistakes!! ;) :attn:

Ajay.

Back