• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can my PSU supply this GPU ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aggeluska

Registered
Hallo I am looking forward to buy tomorrow a new graphic card called, r9 270x .

my system is

Fx6300
8GB RAM
1TB WD sata 3
asrock 980de3/u3s3
Artic Cooling Fusion 550W 83% Effic.

I am not interesting to do overclockings or anything . just want to have everything as in stock .

I am wondering if my PSU can power up this graphic card

what do you think ?

The wattage is fine, but I'm not sure on the quality of those PSU's. Not familiar with the brand.

Honestly, you shouldn't need anymore than 350-400w.

from some reviews I foudn about the psu . they said is a seasonic inside . is this any good? dont know ... I found also that Artic Cooling company is a Swiss company , so idont think swiss and bad are going together. but since you say i need like 350-400w then even if its less efficient my PSU than is supposed to be , I guess it wil handle it .

I wouldn't use it..........http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story5&reid=209

Also, efficiency doesn't take away from the output, its added to it. Meaning, If you have an 80% efficient PSU with a 400W load on it, the amount of power its taking FROM THE WALL is 480W.

Certainly not the best review, but "5" implies "average" to his site. Reading all of it, it doesn't seem like an "Exploder" like those diablo tek brands. He's probably fine with that particular psu. The review looks pretty "ok", just an overpriced mediocre performing PSU.

500w RMS is fine

btw i bought it for 32 euro . I guess the review is old ! anyway I will buy a r9 270 and will see. thanks for your help .

I'm sure it will work, but as that review states, things are a bit out of whack. I mean, it took two units shipped to him to get things 'right'. And while its not Powmax/Diablotek/firehazard, I would look into upgrading it. That is one of the lowest passable scores I have seen. Here are notes in the forums about it...

http://www.jonnyguru.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7264

Seems that it is indeed a Seasonic before they got their hands on it and ruined it... SCARY, those comments, and a lot of those guys are PSU reviewers themselves. ;)

Anyway, go for it, I am sure it will work, but a PSU upgrade would most certainly be in my near future if I was you.

A corsair CX430 can be picked up very reasonably priced, and if you don't plan on overclocking should be more than enough for your system.

palease get a better psu, cheaping out there has caused me all manner of grey hairs and many bad words to be said.
when I start planning a build I stalk oklahoma wolf, the reviewer in the link, he sells in our classified section, and go so far as to buy his review sample.

Back