• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrade to facilitate higher-quality streaming

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Off the cuff, lower your video bit rate to 2000, and set a 4000 custom buffer.

From there, lower audio bit rate a LOT. Your viewers don't need dvd quality audio. 44k and 96 bit rate is more than decent.

Edit: starting to wonder if somethings up with that gpu...

Last edited:
Off the cuff, lower your video bit rate to 2000, and set a 4000 custom buffer.

From there, lower audio bit rate a LOT. Your viewers don't need dvd quality audio. 44k and 96 bit rate is more than decent.

Edit: starting to wonder if somethings up with that gpu...

Hey dude, will give it a go. Won't it make the stream quality a lot worse, though?

What could be up with my GPU? How can I check?

Edit: Apparently the GPU had issues when I first bought it, which was fixed at a shop. People on this forum said the shop people might've been lying, though!

I dont buy it, somethings wrong with your GPU, it must be.

Download uningine heaven and post your results. That'll speak a lot for what your gpu is doing. Make sure you crank everything (turn off v sync though), and keep an eye on temperatures.

https://unigine.com/products/heaven/

Host the pictures to this site...3rd party hosts tend to go away, and I cannot read them at the office (blocked).

Id also run this version of Heaven as that is what most here are used to (not to mention we have results using this version in all of our reviews on the front page).

http://downloads.hwbot.org/downloads/hwbot_unigine_heaven_v103/index.htm

Regardless, temps are fine...but this is a short test... try looping that test for at least 15 mins and see what happens/if you get any throttling (use MSI AB graph or the log to see).

Host the pictures to this site...3rd party hosts tend to go away, and I cannot read them at the office (blocked).

Id also run this version of Heaven as that is what most here are used to (not to mention we have results using this version in all of our reviews on the front page).

http://downloads.hwbot.org/downloads/hwbot_unigine_heaven_v103/index.htm

Regardless, temps are fine...but this is a short test... try looping that test for at least 15 mins and see what happens/if you get any throttling (use MSI AB graph or the log to see).

Hey EarthDog, will run this version of Heaven when I can, maybe later or tmrw. For now, here are the results that you could not previously see:

6ab73376229271e2027e0adbc78f1469.png
b91cce643d830dcf6f50a05e4b5683b6.png

Does that help?

Holy cow that's bad for a 7990. That's your problem.

It's a 7970, but I imagine your point still stands. So, what does this mean, my GPU is basically just broken? This really sucks, I had no idea my GPU has been under-performing since purchase... :(

I run the other version... So no idea if that is good or not... Sorry.

I can look up a thread on TPU when I'm not mobile and see.how it.compares.

It's a 7970, but I imagine your point still stands. So, what does this mean, my GPU is basically just broken? This really sucks, I had no idea my GPU has been under-performing since purchase... :(

Oh geeze. Still 800 should be "good enough" for CS:GO, but your card should be over 1000 score range with 8x AA. OCC posted a review of the 7970, they got 50+ on a stock card, and 58 on an overclocked card. You're getting 32. My R9 270x (A significantly lower card than the 7970 mind you) should be posting around those numbers.

Whens the last time you did a clean install of windows?

I run the other version... So no idea if that is good or not... Sorry.

I can look up a thread on TPU when I'm not mobile and see.how it.compares.

Hey, I can't seem to install this version you've recommended. When I try to run the DX11 "XTREME" thing when the menu comes up, it can't located the .exe, and neither can I.

Oh geeze. Still 800 should be "good enough" for CS:GO, but your card should be over 1000 score range with 8x AA. OCC posted a review of the 7970, they got 50+ on a stock card, and 58 on an overclocked card. You're getting 32. My R9 270x (A significantly lower card than the 7970 mind you) should be posting around those numbers.

Whens the last time you did a clean install of windows?

The last time I did a clean install would have been pretty much when I first got the PC/after people at a shop had fixed some issues at the time. This was about a year and a half ago.

It definitely sounds like something's up. It would be great if, with everyone who's helping, we could try to figure out exactly what the issue is.

If it helps, I have a factory new XFX Radeon 290x lying around, if I do have to swap GPUs at some point.

Well put the dam 290x in and see if it works lol

I would like to avoid that for now, if we can whittle down the other things it can be, as I was possibly thinking of selling that card. :)

Is there anything else I can try first?

Also, is the R290x the same power as my 7970?

The 290x says 250W, but, it tends to be more. The 7970 is 250W, yes.

The point in trying is to see if its the GPU causing strife.

The 290x says 250W, but, it tends to be more. The 7970 is 250W, yes.

The point in trying is to see if its the GPU causing strife.

Sorry, I mean like "graphical power" - I don't know the proper tech term for it, but essentially, is the 290x "as good" as a (working) 7970? :(

And ok, so you would suggest that I should definitely try the new card next, then?

The 290x SMOKES it man...

It can't hurt.. its free... and you have no other options it seems...

The 290x SMOKES it man...

It can't hurt.. its free... and you have no other options it seems...

Ughhh, I got it wrong. It's a 280x. Is that still as good as the 7970? And haha, alright buddy. I'm quite lucky, I won the card at a competition, and was so intent on selling it, but luckily I haven't been able to yet... fingers crossed it solves the issues. May try put it in later today.

Which drivers would you recommend, and chance of pointing me to the latest? I'd hate to get that wrong. This is the EXACT card (my pic), btw:

IMG_20141223_160512.jpg

Hope it's still as good as the 7970. :/

I doubt its the GPU.. but its certainly worth a try. Make sure you remove all GPU drivers when switching cards.

Back