• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some help with making a new PC, im very new to this!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cromly

So, as the title says, im new to this. my comp is around 5 years old now and recently ive had to put graphics for games even tf2 to low settings. i want to make my own computer for under $530 and was wondering if anyone could tell me what I should change with what im building. I mainly want to see if everything works together.

Hard Drive: Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1TB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive - OEM

Mother Board: ASRock FM2A88X Extreme4+ FM2+ / FM2 AMD A88X (Bolton D4) SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard

Processor: AMD 760K Richland Quad-Core 3.8GHz Socket FM2 100W Desktop Processor AD760KWOHLBOX

Power Supply: Rosewill CAPSTONE-450-M 450W Continuous @ 50°C, Intel Haswell Ready, 80 PLUS GOLD, ATX12V v2.31 & EPS12V v2.92, SLI/CrossFire

Ram: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL

Graphics Card: EVGA 02G-P4-3753-KR G-SYNC Support GeForce GTX 750 Ti Superclocked 2GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Video Card

All of this together on Newegg is $498.95
if there is anything that i should change, please tell me =)

EDIT: Changed the Hard Drive to Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1TB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive - OEM

Last edited:
The brand and price. Outside of that, not much that would be relevant to you I would imagine. Maybe check on the length of warranty is about the only thing I could think of...

EDIT: They are priced similarly... either one would work just fine. Not sure one has benefits over the other... but perhaps I missed something manny caught. :)

The brand and price. Outside of that, not much that would be relevant to you I would imagine. Maybe check on the length of warranty is about the only thing I could think of...

EDIT: They are priced similarly... either one would work just fine. Not sure one has benefits over the other... but perhaps I missed something manny caught. :)
Unless I'm losing my marbles, which is possible, the original HD listed was a seagate 1tb. :shrug: :D

It was...

Seagate 1TB 7.2K 64MB cache. $54...

...you suggested...

W.D Blue 1TB 7.2K 64MB cache. $52.

So, what did I miss? :)

Does anyone have any other recommendations for me to change anything to something else? Or if all of the parts fit together?

It was...

Seagate 1TB 7.2K 64MB cache. $54...

...you suggested...

W.D Blue 1TB 7.2K 64MB cache. $52.

So, what did I miss? :)
LOL you missed me being a loony, I thought it was a WD Black for $52, though there's nothing wrong with the Blue. <--- :screwy: :D

Does anyone have any other recommendations for me to change anything to something else? Or if all of the parts fit together?
No Cromly it will all work together.

Does anyone else think an AM3+ like the 6300 or 8320 (with an AM3+ mobo) would be a better gaming combo than the FM2 he's looking at? Not sure how much that step up will cost though.

Does anyone else think an AM3+ like the 6300 or 8320 (with an AM3+ mobo) would be a better gaming combo than the FM2 he's looking at? Not sure how much that step up will cost though.

Something like this would but would be over budget.
Capture4.PNG

Thank you all for your help!:clap: I will still look back though to see if anyone has anymore things to add on.

Cromly, I'm guessing you are reusing your case (ATX not mATX), keyboard (usb), mouse (usb), Windows install disk & optical drive. Is your optical drive SATA? Because this board doesn't have IDE.

Cromly, I'm guessing you are reusing your case (ATX not mATX), keyboard (usb), mouse (usb), Windows install disk & optical drive. Is your optical drive SATA? Because this board doesn't have IDE.

Jeez. His computer is 5 years old not 10 years old. No doubt he has SATA drives. But even if he didn't, a DVD burner is <$20 these days.

OP- I would look at an R9 270 and the 860K, which is newer than the 760K. I would also look into overclocking the little beast, which would require a cooler. CM Hyper 212 is a good choice.

i dont like overlocking. dont know how to do it so i dont want to risk it

i dont like overlocking. dont know how to do it so i dont want to risk it

You'll like it just fine when it increases your framerate in games for free :). Give it a shot. On your GPU too. If you learn before you do, you will not break anything. Read an FM2+ OC guide and get in that bios and tweak away.

Is there anything that I should change out for the mother board that i chose? on newegg it doesnt have the best ratings

Is there anything that I should change out for the mother board that i chose? on newegg it doesnt have the best ratings
Asrock makes good boards, I wouldn't worry about new egg reviews. Most people do not review something they like it but will if there is an issue. There is always a chance that there is an issue with any motherboard manufacturer. I have an Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 board and it is a great board. Yes it's difference architecture, Intel as opposed to AMD but I have had it for at least 3 years and have had my I-5 2500k overclocked on it from day one without issue.

Thanks for all of these infos! :) I was very nervous about mistakes with parts but now im not so nervous anymore!

Back