• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me buy x2 computers that will run CS:GO && WoW on max settings with 60fps+.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Must be pre-built? That's a tall order sir. Most prebuilts are poorly proportioned, and designed to lure in the unwitting layperson, who thinks they will need 32GB of RAM for their MS Office and Google Chrome and the Win 8 Facebook app.

Generally speaking, you don't get a really well proportioned build at any price for prebuilts, unless you are buying from a boutique vendor. Even then, it won't be as well rounded and purpose-suited as it would be if you built it yourself.

At very least, consider buying all the parts, and paying someone 50 squids to build the PCs for you.

Don't forget to add an SSD! :)

You can probably save some scratch by buying the parts from a vendor like NCIX that will assemble and test for a nominal fee, and come out with a better value you. But since your request of running WoW and CS:GO aren't that demanding, pretty much any off-the-shelf machine with a discrete GPU will do what you ask.

Don't forget to add an SSD! :)

You can probably save some scratch by buying the parts from a vendor like NCIX that will assemble and test for a nominal fee, and come out with a better value you. But since your request of running WoW and CS:GO aren't that demanding, pretty much any off-the-shelf machine with a discrete GPU will do what you ask.

I entirely diagree with adding an SSD to any system worth below $1000 USD before the SSD. It's not good economics. When your budget is that low you are better served using the money for a better GPU.

Yes, I put an SSD in my mother's 5150 system, but that's because I already had an HDD lying around, and the setup as is is best for her needs. Most people though, you don't want to push an SSD on them when they have a low budget because they could use the money for something like a better GPU and IMO they'd "feel" that performance more than they would an SSD overall. I know most people will disagree with me but that's just my opinion.

JM2C

Last edited:
Back