• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2600k OC...not being applied?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

attack

So I switched out a 3570k with 2600k because I needed HT for a project. I'm watercooling, nothing crazy and not trying to set records (I WC for silence), and I'm running 4.5ghz at +.06v.

Board is a MSI Z77A-G41.

I set the multipler to 45 and adjusted the voltage...and for some reason it doesn't seem to be applying the OC. OCCT and CPUID show it at 3.4, while windows shows 4.5.

I'm inclined to agree with OCCT/CPUID, but why isn't the OC getting through? temps are 50c at full load.

Any input would be appreciated.

photo sharing sites

Well I figured out it was because I turned on OC genie....but! now that it's fixed, after a minute at 4.5ghz it throttles back to 3.4 even though temps only hits 65c?

I disabled the safety feature in the BIOS as well...any insight on this!!

Intel CPUs use Turbo Boost to access the maximum multipliers. Make sure your long and short turbo power limits are set high enough. Also make sure your CPU current limit is set high enough. You should be able to find these in the bios.

That;s it! Limited to 50 seconds and I can't change it.

Oh well, better MB next time. Thanks for the tip unclewebb!

Some bios versions leave the registers that control the turbo power limits and the turbo time limit unlocked. If you cannot adjust these in the bios then try running ThrottleStop. Click on the TPL (Turbo Power Limits) button and see if any of these values are adjustable. If ThrottleStop shows that these values are grayed out then that means the bios has locked them.

ThrottleStop 7.00 beta 3
https://www.sendspace.com/file/oquhg3

Back