• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

120mm fan selections?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

diaz

I am looking for fans with red LED for the following applications:

- Corsair H80 P/P
- Case fans with filters

I was thinking of going with corsair PS120's for the H80 and AF120's for the filtered chassis spots.. good picks? Other suggestions?

Thanks!

Noctua makes the best fans when it comes to performance, however I always go with Corsair because their Look to Performance ratio is the best! Yeah the Corsair SP120s are indeed a good choice

You'd be better off buying good fans and an LED strip.
Compared to a Noctua those Corsair fans are meh.

Nice.. im a bit behind in that department.. how is this usually applied to achieve desired results?

It has adhesive on the back so you can stick it in your case :)

WHich is why I linked to all PWM ones ;)

Not everyone cares to get a PWM splitter and set up a software PWM curve when they can just hook up a set of Noctua fans.

That set has great performance with lower noise than any Delta fan possibly can simply because of differences in bearing technology.

Not everyone cares to get a PWM splitter and set up a software PWM curve when they can just hook up a set of Noctua fans.

That set has great performance with lower noise than any Delta fan possibly can simply because of differences in bearing technology.

Why not, the OP obviously should be using a nice mobo with enough 4 pin connectors on it for PWM

Why not, the OP obviously should be using a nice mobo with enough 4 pin connectors on it for PWM

Because even throttled down the Delta fans are loud. There are better options for home computers.

Top performance for servers or workstations? Definitely Delta.

Because even throttled down the Delta fans are loud. There are better options for home computers.

Top performance for servers or workstations? Definitely Delta.

Uhh I have a delta tornado vantec on my VRMs at 40% and my ACX makes more noise then it......

Heck I even ordered a new 120 mm delta PMW for this ACX

Uhh I have a delta tornado vantec on my VRMs at 40% and my ACX makes more noise then it......

Heck I even ordered a new 120 mm delta PMW for this ACX

Last I checked Vantec and Delta are two different fan manufacturers......
The Tornado is made by Vantec.

Point is, Noctua's fluid dynamic bearing is MUCH quieter than any dual ball bearing fan. The vast majority of users will take the quieter option (which still has the option of PWM).

Back