• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bizzarre screen saver behaviour (win 8.1)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Theocnoob

This just started today on my HTPC. When I move the mouse to get out of screensaver I'm brought to a plain light blue screen. After about 5 seconds the light blue screen goes away and I am returned to my desktop (or whatever window I have open)

What could be causing this? Light blue is not my background. I have an image as my background. This is weird. Never seen it. Thoughts?

Happy Holidays/Merry Christmas to all!

Lock the computer (win + L) and see if it shows the same screen. Sounds like the login screen showing for a second. Doesn't really hurt anything.

Lock the computer (win + L) and see if it shows the same screen. Sounds like the login screen showing for a second. Doesn't really hurt anything.

Will do and report back. FWIW the login screen I have is the default win 8.1 screen with the multicolored bgrnd so I don't know if that could be it either.

Hey thideras I tried locking the computer and it did not exhibit the odd behavior. It only happens (sometimes) coming off screen saver. Doesn't happen off of blank screen/screen off (which the system goes to after about 1/2 hour of screen saver). What's goin' on?

Merry Christmas and thanks.

Back