• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7990 BIOS flashing problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sandyduff

Great Scot! Member
Hey guys

In the process of trying to put a custom bios onto my 7990 to remove the throttling of the standard bios. bios position 2 is the locked bios and that's what the card has been running on, so i got my USB stick ready for me to flash the card, powered off the pc, flipped the switch to position 1 and powered back up again. One slight problem... no display. It makes all the windows noises so it is still booting into windows.

Question, can i load up using the usb stick ready to flash the bios and just before i flash and while the pc is on... flip the switch to position 1? Would that work? I've done some googling and cannot find any answers.

Cheers!

I appreciate the link but it does not help the situation.

Doesn't matter anyway I managed to flash the bios by using the onboard display from my motherboard, the bios on position 1 must've been dodgy somehow.

I appreciate the link but it does not help the situation.

Doesn't matter anyway I managed to flash the bios by using the onboard display from my motherboard, the bios on position 1 must've been dodgy somehow.

Weird. Glad you got it though. :thup:

I forgot to mention that to use the tools in the link I posted, you'd need a spare pc so you can swap the card in the spare and flash it from there.
My bad :-/

My 7990 is watercooled so swapping it out would be a massive pain in the bum!!

Got good results tho, no more stuttering when it reduces from boost clocks (1000 - 950) now it's running quite happily at 1150MHz :D

Last edited:
My 7990 is watercooled so swapping it out would be a massive pain in the bum!!

Got good results tho, no more stuttering when it reduces from boost clocks (1000 - 950) now it's running quite happily at 1150MHz :D

Oh LOL! That would be a mess :p
Sweet OC man :thup:

Your supposed to flip the bios switch while inside windows to flash not before turning on rig.

Back