• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

underclocking tablet?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DocClock aka MadClocker

I just got this tablet and even though it is winter, this seems to get warm real fast when playing a game like Max Payne, an I was wondering if I can get i to run cooler or slow it down,, or is this just the nature of the beast?
Not sure if I want to root...tecnnicaly it is hacking anyhow.

Tablet is Fonso7"
Allwinner A23 dual core 1.5ghz?
512mb ddr3
8gb internal ~4gb avail
Android 4.2.2 jelly bean

Ok, it might be a tiny bit hard because usually manufactures lock bios areas and the cpu cannot be adjusted and what OS does it have? Have a merry Christmas

Oh yeah it's got jelly bean so sorry but good luck trying to get anywhere without rooting the tablet. Sorry I couldn't help anymore😔

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, after doing some research, I realized that the only way to over or underclock is to root the device, but I don't like the idea of "exploiting" a vulnerability to get it to root.
As I understand, you have to install a camera app or some other prog that will help you get root access.
It would be nice though if the manufacturer would let you have the option to use a custom rom...Conical is about ready to release the ubuntu phone os.

I will wait for the guarantee to expire and maybe buy another and use one for experimenting and the other to take advantage of what I learn from experimenting on the other one..I mean they are cheap enough.

BTW, :welcome: to the forums! I don't get on here as often as I would like because my life is like :facepalm: and my people are always coming to me with :confused: and I try to explain, and I seem to be :bang head but it's all good :salute:

Lol yeah I would wait till warrantee expires. But it would be good if the manufactures would include this and thanks for the warm welcome. Merry Christmas

Im shocked you can do anything on that slug of a tablet... I wouldn't underclock it. But yeah, you need to root it and get a custom ROM on there to do so.

Back