• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ever seen this dialog????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
any idea what this dialog means on boot?

Attachments

• fail.JPG
    fail.JPG
    16.7 KB · Views: 162
I have never seen that, and my Google-fu turns up nothing. Did you install any programs recently? I don't want to immediately say it's a virus or malware, but maybe some program is attempting to run at startup and is failing.

I have used a core unparker myself, and not once in all the months I've been using it (using is the wrong term as it changes some registry settings and nothing more), I have never had that message pop up.

I was having trouble installing a video driver, ati 14.12 would fail to install, after about the third attempt, I get this when i boot into windows.

Was the third attempt successful, or did it also fail? Have you tried a previous version already?

Hopefully, someone with more experience with ATI drivers can chime in. About the only thing I know about them, is that are are various issues in most of their drivers.

it was a major issue, got 4.12 installed on the third attempt.
folding I picked up a 9xxxx wu, ran it fine, picked up a 13xxx wu, after 6 hours it ran my 7970 at 500 mgz and still showed a finish time of 7 days so i removed it and went back to 13.12 and it picked right back up to 1000 mgz folding, but the dialog still comes up when windows boots.

Do you have a Gigabyte motherboard? According to google translate, someone seemed to have the same issue with its overclocking utility.

Edit: Didn't realize this was an old thread. Oops. Maybe still useful for random googlers.

this is still of use.
it turns out that it is ati, ccc that this is related to, if you run 7970,s avoid driver 14.12 like an aids infected ho, don't bother with a condom, get a flame thrower and burn the the *****.

:shock: that's one jolly damning analogy.

And remember kids... When installing your dodgy software use protection. :thup:

Still think win 98's main sprocket disassembly was the best error.

Translation - game over sub system ya'll be needing your instal disk.

:D

It reminds me of some of Asus's dialogs about a decade ago. Here's an old screenie of mine from those ancient XP times that I saved for some odd reason.

tBzOi25.gif

I think we may be confusing official Windows OS messages with messages displayed by programs made by third parties, not Microsoft.

Messages posted here are not part of Microsoft Windows official code.

Back