• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

G3258 Overclocking guide pleaseeeeeee

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So there's nothing different about the actual die on a hardware level? It's just different QC levels?

Most of the differences in CPUs all lie in the microcode.
They have to use the better wafers to get high clocks though.

i still havent tried any higher on my G3258, im happy with 4.2ghz tbh. i only bumped the cpuV up to 1.1v to be on the safe side, while the cooler im using puts temps where im comfy. i wouldnt want to push it higher for a 24/7 setup unless the HSF gets replaced. considering the LP aspect of the cooler it does really well as well as on the price, with a fan swap from one laying around.

I am just starting to try this today... I cannot get above 3.8 and find something stable. All the Guides that I found said start at 4.0 or 4.2. When I tried that I could not even get into the BIOS.

Any suggestions are appreciated. I started over and tried working up step by step and get stuck at 3.8.. All I am changing is the Vcore and voltage.

I am just starting to try this today... I cannot get above 3.8 and find something stable. All the Guides that I found said start at 4.0 or 4.2. When I tried that I could not even get into the BIOS.

Any suggestions are appreciated. I started over and tried working up step by step and get stuck at 3.8.. All I am changing is the Vcore and voltage.

Please make your own thread and list your system specs when you do.
You'll get a lot better help that way instead of bumping a 4 month old thread.

Back