• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

G.Skill overclocking progress

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Luke1978

Been working on my RAM (in sig) Got it at 1866 1.5vdimm (CPU-NB and NB voltage are both at default) using the timings seen below. I know tRC can be improved, just looking for suggestions.

RAMtimings.PNG

Link the ram?
You have some room. 1.65v is fine and tighten if you can.

Oh yes, you can definitely tighten those up at 1866 with a little voltage. At least CL8-x-x-x.
Maybe a little bump in the CPU/NB voltage (1.3v) and a bump in the NB frequency (2400-2500) also.

Sub'd as I am running the same timings as you and I can't seem to tighten them. :-/
Of course, I'm running Intel, you are AMD. Still should give me an idea of what timings I should set.

Newegg link
G.Skill link
In case anyone wants to know :)

Well that answers that - not much better than what I'm running :-/
Meh.
Thanks for the link Luke!
If youre running it at the 1T like your sig says that makes a huge difference over 2T

Id trade ram with you if you were in the states >< Blue heat spreaders + black and red mobo looks... sloppy

If youre running it at the 1T like your sig says that makes a huge difference over 2T

Id trade ram with you if you were in the states >< Blue heat spreaders + black and red mobo looks... sloppy
And your Blue RAM goes better with my Gigabyte board! :rofl:

I might try my hand at some higher speeds on it.
I at least know it'll run 2300 12-12-12-36 @ 1.75 volts.

Though, I had the IMC jacked up high the last time to get it there.

Not sure if you got it all worked out already but starting from your default settings (with decent voltage as suggested here already)....go like this (testing after each change...I do 2 runs of Aida64 and check the read speed, if you reduce something but read speed goes down, then return to prior value then move to next step):
- try to run at 1T instead of 2T
- try reducing tRP by 1 or 2
- try reducing tRAS by 2 to 5
- try reducing tRCD by 1
- try reducing CL by 1

Thanks to Woomack for the above process steps!

Good luck!

Try these timings Luke.

These are Memtest stable - passed 4 tests and was stable for the 5 hours memtest was running. :D

cas8.PNG

Looks good S_P, My ram wont run at 1T, even at default speeds, and I havent put a lot of effort into figuring it out.

Havent really had a chance to mess with it since I posted either lol, but I'll probably take some time tomorrow to fiddle with it.

Looks good S_P, My ram wont run at 1T, even at default speeds, and I havent put a lot of effort into figuring it out.

Havent really had a chance to mess with it since I posted either lol, but I'll probably take some time tomorrow to fiddle with it.

The 1T is kinda in there for looks. I can't notice a real world difference, but since it runs it I thought why not? :p
YMMV of course, my old i5 2300 couldn't run these timings.

Luke, I saw you are looking to part with your blue sticks, but FWIW, here are my new clocks courtesy of a profile I found saved in the BIOS of my new ASUS mobo:

9-11-10-28 2T @ 2186 Mhz (1092.8 Mhz Dual) 1.65 Volts
Memtest stable and boots & runs Windows fine.

I think it won't get any better than this.
I'm gonna run SPi 32M just to see :D

Back