• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus R7 260X issues?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

byron182

I finally got some extra cash and I'm was about to buy a 260X but some last minute research showed some problems with flickering, artifacts, black screen. Are those problems isolated incidents or a common occurrence? If it is common, has amd released drivers to fix the problem? Or just screw it and get the NVidia GTX 750?

If you plan on going with Nvidia make sure you get a 750ti more performance little extra cost. I have always found AMD drivers to be a pain and have stability issues. I have a HD7970 and it always has problems with black screens and flickering.

yeah. The last time I bought a Nvidia card it had some idle temperature issues.

I'm guessing this was an older Nvidia card from the Fermi architecture era? The 750(ti) are based off the Maxwell architecture which is extremely power efficient and run very cool. The Nvidia cards also have the best driver support with new WHQL drivers being released every 3-4months to ensure the best performance and compatibility. I will never buy a AMD card again unless they release a monster that destroys Nvidia in performance.

Old Nvidia
leadtek-winfast-nvidia-8400gs-1gb-ddr3-64bit-pci-e-graphic-card-castleit-1204-08-castleIT@116.jpg

New 750ti
msi_gtx750ti_5.jpg

Not even fair to compare how much cooler the new card will run. The fan on a 8400gs was pretty much a joke and did little to nothing in terms of real cooling.

Last edited:
I'm guessing this was an older Nvidia card from the Fermi architecture era? The 750(ti) are based off the Maxwell architecture which is extremely power efficient and run very cool. The Nvidia cards also have the best driver support with new WHQL drivers being released every 3-4months to ensure the best performance and compatibility. I will never buy a AMD card again unless they release a monster that destroys Nvidia in performance.

Not even fair to compare how much cooler the new card will run. The fan on a 8400gs was pretty much a joke and did little to nothing in terms of real cooling.

It was a Nvidia8800GT. It was hot and Loud. Then I bought the HD 5970. I had alot of driver issues from the start with the 5970 and was a power hog but a spectacular card nevertheless. I was asking about the 260X coz there's a sale on those cards here. A MSI GTX 750frozer is on the top of my list. They just look cool.

My 260X has been a great card for the money. The current drivers seem to work with no issues for me. I found mine on sale for $100 and it's a tough card to beat for that price. My only games are World of Warplanes and War Thunder , but it handles them with almost every setting on high or maxed out. 260X.PNG

Back