• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is a BenQ monitor a good choice? (BenQ GW2760HS or BenQ GW2750HM)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ResQue

Registered
I am looking to buy three new monitors on a budget with the seasonal sales i thought now would be a good time. I do a lot of coding and gaming and need the extra screen space for work. I dont want to get anything smaller than 27inch. Right now i am running a 32inch and that is just right. but my other two monitors are crappy old 15inch and it hard to see with my bad eye sight.

I would like to know if the BenQ GW2760HS or BenQ GW2750HM are a good choice. For the price point they seem to out match anything else i have found on multiple online retailers. Can anyone offer any more input?

1) Is there another another model or brand that offers better specs for the money.
2) Will text be blurry at only 1080p on a huge 27inch screen?
3) Is there anything important i am missing or should be asking myself before i buy a monitor?

BenQ GW Series GW2760HS 27-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor
http://www.amazon.com/BenQ-GW2760HS...&qid=1419737211&sr=8-1&keywords=BenQ+GW2760HS

BenQ VA GW2750HM 27-Inch Screen LED-lit Monitor
http://www.amazon.com/BenQ-GW2750HM...&qid=1419737226&sr=8-3&keywords=BenQ+GW2760HM

Never heard anything terrible about BenQ, I like the slimmer bezel of the GW2760HS personally.

1) no, most in that price range will be near identical really.
2) no
3) questions I ask myself would be

A) is it worth the money? Warranty, customer service, and reviews play into that.
B) how big do I really need? For me, 22" is the smallest I can go visually, and I settled on 24". If dropping a few inches for a superior picture for the same money, I'd do that myself personally.
C) do you plan on dual/triple monitor any time in the forseeable future?

Gw series are quite nice for the money, I got mine and have been very happy with it.

Never heard anything terrible about BenQ, I like the slimmer bezel of the GW2760HS personally.
I was thinking the same thing it looks very cool.

1) no, most in that price range will be near identical really.
A) is it worth the money? Warranty, customer service, and reviews play into that.
B) how big do I really need? For me, 22" is the smallest I can go visually, and I settled on 24". If dropping a few inches for a superior picture for the same money, I'd do that myself personally.
C) do you plan on dual/triple monitor any time in the forseeable future?

Thanks for the feedback i have heard nothing but good things about benq recently and reviews from what i have seen online are good when you consider the price range.

The simple fact is i can not afford 3x 32inch IPS panels and if i could i would spend the cash on two gtx titans or something anyway. But what i can afford in the sale is 2x 27inch 1080p VA panels at a good price, and in a month or two buy 1x 27inch 2560 x 1440 IPS panel all from benq and all with the same look and feel. This way i am sort of getting a bit of everything 3 big monitors for work and gaming and one of them being really high quality as my center screen. My gpu couldnt run a game on 3 monitors above 1080p anyway.

Do you guys think this is a good idea?

Back