• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to install windows media player 11 in Windows 8.1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

isogamer

Hi, so i really want windows media player 11 installed in my WIN 8.1, because of its easier to use functions VS WMP 12.

One being WMP 11 more options on cropping video size VS WMP 12. Now i read already how to uninstall WMP 12 to which i did, but WIN 8.1 won't support WMP 11 installation..

I looked all over the net to see how to install WMP 11 in WIN 8.1, but can't find any solutions, so any help would be greatly appreciated...

Yes i am aware there are better media players out there like VLC player, but due to these certain files that i download from these paid websites they have some sort of copyright laws where it requires me to have microsoft sliverlight plugin installed which WMP only supports, and players like Classic player to VLC player doesn't support this plug in.

Have you tried the 64 bit version? (Or 32 bit if 64 isn't working)

Make sure wmp 12 is Uninstalled before attempting to run the old one.

Hi, thanks for the quick response, so i took your advice and none of them worked.

I went to windows features options, and unchecked marked "MEDIA OPTIONS", this is what i read before, and then restarted my computer.

errors.PNG options.PNG Attempted to install WMP 11 both x64 and 32bit versions and in the attachments this is the error i get.

I am assuming that you have WMP 11 installed in WINDOWS 8.1? I have windows 8.1 64bit

Back