• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Disk Partition software?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cdyoung1985

So evidently Partition Magic isn't compatible with windows 7, and it's the only one I'm familiar with. Anybody know of any other good ones that aren't bs? Don't want to just download whatever pops up in Google, because I don't like spyware or viruses or anything like that... Any recommendations? I want a good defrag program, and something that will help me redo partitions...

Disk Management within Windows will let you manage partitions.
There's also built in Defrag.

So many want only freeware...

...Used these before and liked them.

Partition Master Free 10.2| New Version

GParted is a free partition editor for graphically managing your disk partitions

Powerful Tools for Home or Office!
Parted Magic is a complete hard disk management solution.

I currently use the third one above for $9.99. I used it when it was free and after the programmer found his program sold on the net that he was giving away...well he started selling his own work. I like it.

Have used Gparted a lot as well and it works fine and is free. Ran it from Usb stick.

Partition Master Free from EaseUS works well also but somehow I just got away from it.

I no longer download anything from CNet since they load up the download with crap. Just a few places you can get stuff for free from and even the software developers are now putting stuff in the proggies to make some money and that means it is NOT free in my way of thinking.
RGone...ster

Back