• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC the only thing that can be considered worthy?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, the desktop PC isnt dying because of consoles, they could be dying because inferior marketing and software politics (actually supported by people like the ones above in a high manner) and a economy that is just mind numbing, i wont go into details here because it is not the topic.

Now people are apparently confused what the topic is all about, this is a question of stance and as long as people dont understand stance they can aswell just tell me "we gonna delete all topics, its so odd... we are confused and whatelse". Besides: A true gamer is a multiplatformer, thats the way i handle matters, so i am not into system wars or whatever, i simply value good software, good marketing and software politics and much more. Regarding the general issues it doesnt matter console or PC, both is at the rise of depletion and i think i never had so many bad software such as today.

Seriously, the Steambox isnt even close to console and not even if it would have 10 times the performance, but if people dont understand charisma they will lack to understand, which is a increasing issue nowadays. I guess adding stance and charisma and the issue may become apparent why i was bringing up that topic. I would stop to think in a way of purely performance related terms because there is so much more to add to the table and i had countless of fun gameplay on absolutly any system except the Steambox (no charisma, no stance no performance... goodbye). Of course i am abolishing mobile phone (this is a phone, not a gamer system) or tablet (this is for work not for gaming) play or games, those systems are no gamer systems at all... its odd even to use them for gaming purpose, it lacks any spec that i consider critical. The spec can be purely mind-based, there is no materialistic requirements.

But i do strongly support systems with true gaming in mind, charisma, stance, performance or what else... and i wish the creators of those words such as "OH MY" are paying more respect to other true gamer systems too and are not comparing it with mobile phone, tablets, even Steambox or whatelse, if they do they do not truly understand what it is all about. The first thing to do is to remove the headphones, using slippers instead of shoes and simply think about the matter... and stop pointing at consoles in a way of "PC destroyers"; No they arnt... everything that is here is our own creation, and we are ultimately responsible for everything that is happening, especially when it come to software. Everyone got a voice and it is nice to see new projects such as "Star Citizen" or "Project Eternity", ...genres that may have died without special support and is now almost completed (yes i was supporting both of them).

Last edited:
Ivy, your posts in this thread are hard to read. What you're (probably) trying to say is this: I feel like the phrase "PlayStations, Xboxes and Wiis, oh my!" is demeaning to consoles.

What you're actually saying is super confusing, and full of random stuff.

If you want to talk about this, maybe let's take it to general hardware or something?

Last edited:
Is there a button to subscribe to everything Ivy says? (please let the button just say "charisma")

I guess, since I THINK I MAY have a remote idea of the subject matter, I'm going to go ahead and move this to the proper section.

And when I said "ok..." I want to be clear that i still don't get what you are trying to say but am moving this to the console gaming section as it is clear to me that this has nothing to do with improving the forum or reporting a problem (right?).

Is there a button to subscribe to everything Ivy says? (please let the button just say "charisma")

This ^ I like Ivy's posts and don't have a problem (usually) following them. I do wish I were fluent in her native language , though. I have a feeling we're missing a lot there.

Me too. I'm sure there is some good stuff to it, but it's too trying for me read between the lines and figure it out. :)

This was one of the DUMBEST reads in a looong time bois.

Consoles are built on PC hardware and all the software for consoles are made on PC HW.

WTF gives round here?

Without a PC, you don't have a console.

I love this post. I think it meant that "Johnny has a long mustache and the chair is against the wall" in terms of PCs vs Consoles.......

7cac57529fc644ce36ccde88772f1d9520ab798847b72159351c6686429ed017.jpg

Last edited:
A true gamer is a multiplatformer, thats the way i handle matters, so i am not into system wars or whatever, i simply value good software, good marketing and software politics and much more.

Of course i am abolishing mobile phone (this is a phone, not a gamer system) or tablet (this is for work not for gaming) play or games, those systems are no gamer systems at all... its odd even to use them for gaming purpose, it lacks any spec that i consider critical. The spec can be purely mind-based, there is no materialistic requirements.

I assume English is your second language and I am reading something translated, which makes your posts hard to follow, but these two statements confuse me. I personally consider gaming to be anything where you use your mind to accomplish an objective in a scenario with predetermined rules. Driving to me is a game, and that is sometimes how I tolerate rush hour traffic. Back on point, why wouldn't cell phones or tablets be considered gaming devices, when there are many games I used to play on pc that are available on mobile devices. I missed out on GTA San Andreas when it was out on console, but am catching up now on android, and it is fun.

Lack of sleep.

And people necro-ing threads that should have gone away last week.

Carry on, though. I know how to unsub :thup:

ok I've been trying to figure what Ivy's been trying to say here since day one of this thread and I cant figure it out.

do I need some mood elevators to understand this or maybe some one has written a cliff notes version or something? cause I'd like to understand whats going on here and after 25 years of gaming experience I might have a just as confusing answer.

I get the impression Ivy was just trying to provoke thought on the PC vs console issue in gaming , and questioning the perceived primacy of the PC in that regard. In her own quirky , second language kind of way.

I am starting to get annoyed by this political correctness seeping through in every possible matter.

How can it be demeaning or unrespectful to a platform adding "Oh my!" at the end of it's subforum title in a forum managed mostly by overclockers for overclockers about overclocking.

I wouldn't even know where to start on how to respect a particular software or piece of hardware, maybe I can respect the people who made it if their end goals fit my needs but that's it.

I was really not expecting to see someone in here triggered about "Oh my!" regarding consoles.

I hope I correctly understood what the OP was trying to say, because at some points I just lost him.

And yes, I have been triggered by this :p

well it tends to happen in sub forums that don't get a lot of attention, oh my!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back