• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cyrix_2k

I no longer recommend Corsair products after "my" latest experience with them. I helped my friend spec & build a gaming PC last year at which time I recommended a Corsair K95. The keyboard had some bad reviews that mostly referenced LEDs burning out, however, Corsair claimed they had resolved the issue. They didn't. His very expensive keyboard now has several burnt out LEDs and while Corsair will replace the keyboard, they are requiring him to pay shipping costs. On top of that, he offered to pay the difference between the old model and the new RGB, and they won't accommodate that request nor will they refund the initial purchase price. This is unacceptible for what amounts to a defective product design - be warned.

Did you buy the product directly from Corsair or another company? I can't expect the company to refund any money if you bought it from a retailer.

If you bought the keyboard from a retailer as well you very possibly got an older model that still had the issue.

It isn't unusual for companies to ask the returner to pay the shipping costs, if you complain enough they may give you a pre-paid shipping label, but it generally doesn't happen.

Did you buy the product directly from Corsair or another company? I can't expect the company to refund any money if you bought it from a retailer.

If you bought the keyboard from a retailer as well you very possibly got an older model that still had the issue.

It isn't unusual for companies to ask the returner to pay the shipping costs, if you complain enough they may give you a pre-paid shipping label, but it generally doesn't happen.
It was purchased from Newegg, but is under Corsair warranty. And while it's not unusual to pay for shipping costs, it is not acceptable for a defective product. We complained and they absolutely do not want to play ball. It would be a totally different story if this was a one time problem and not a rampant issue that is likely to return on yet another K95. The refund was suggested as an alternative, not as the main solution.

It is a very common practice that you pay shipping for warranty claims outside of the typical 30 day window from original purchase date. I dont think I've ever not had to pay shipping for a product outside of initial purchase. You pay to ship it to them, they pay to ship it back.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but if that's your criteria for recommending a brand, you can scratch off at least asus, msi, and adata from your list. I've had to pay for each thing I've shipped them, and they paid shipping back.

Considering Corsair has been VERY good about warranty returns with essentially their entire product line, Corsair still has my respect for their CSR.

Also can't blame them when you didn't purchase through them for not going forward with an "upgrade". That is something you need to clear through NewEgg.

I say this while not normally recommending Corsair for... Well, anything.. Their keyboards are of the same mid-range quality as any other gaming brand, but unlike some others, Corsair's CS puts them as a top choice IMO.

If it wasn't purchased from Corsair , then offering to "pay the difference" isn't much of an offer. Newegg got the original purchase price , maybe you could try them ?

Long gone are the days when they are going to free-upgrade PSUs just for your trouble but they remain a brand I trust in a sea of bad options that will often have you shipping RMAs to Taiwan or China even though they have offices in North America.

The problem is that the product line is defective and we don't want another replacement that is just going to fail. This is (well, was at the time) their flagship model. I've RMA'd a lot of products to a lot of companies, and the difference between adequate customer service and great customer service is going above and beyond; Corsair's replacement policy is adequate when the product is a good product. However, it is not acceptable when the product is inferior and quite frankly, it is insulting to be treated this way after paying so much for a keyboard. I'm just here to share my experience. If you're fine with this level of service, then by all means buy from them. I can tell you I have not been treated this way with some of their competitors and those competitors will be rewarded with my business. I'll also say that I am clearly not alone as there are many, many complaints against Corsair and they currently have an F rating with the BBB.

I had purchased a MCP-655 waterpump from a retailer some time ago that was Corsair branded. The pump went bust and died. I contacted Corsair to see if they can help as it was their product. To my dismay Corsair refused to repair/replace the dead pump stating the pump was part of a complete kit and if I wanted it repaired/replaced I would have to send in the entire water cooling kit. How the hell do I do that when all I purchased was the pump as that was the item on sale. They just said "not my problem" and hung up :mad: I hunted down the retailer I purchased the pump from and wouldn't you know it, they vanished into thin air :rolleyes:

No mater how many times I called Corsair and argued my case, they still refused. I took the dead pump to my job and placed it in a hydraulic press and just smashed it. Never again did I purchase anything with the Corsair brand.

Depends on which Corsair you look at mate.

http://www.bbb.org/phoenix/business-reviews/data-processing-service/corsair-in-tempe-az-1000003268/

http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-fran...-parts/corsair-components-in-fremont-ca-73436

Both are for the same company, but they have different ratings.

Personally, I've found Corsair has the best customer service of any company I've dealt with. They're a lot better than Asus.
I'd say the one in fremont is safe bet as it's the easier one to find, has far more attention, and (mostly) matches their site information here http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/company/about-corsair And if by "different" ratings you mean "no rating at all" vs "F," then yes, they have different ratings.

I haven't dealt with Asus, so I have no opinion there.

I'd say the one in fremont is safe bet as it's the easier one to find, has far more attention, and (mostly) matches their site information here http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/company/about-corsair And if by "different" ratings you mean "no rating at all" vs "F," then yes, they have different ratings.

I haven't dealt with Asus, so I have no opinion there.

The one in Arizona has an A rating.

They're definitely both for the same company, based upon the website information anyway. The one in Arizona has their website as "www.corsairmemory.com. But they changed the site name and web address two or three years back.

Just seems as though one of the business web entries in bbb's site fell into misuse.

Last edited:
I've sent back at least 4 broken PSU's to Corsair, and have always been very happy with their CS.

Why would you buy a product that has 's in the first place?
I didn't buy it, my friend/coworker did and at the time, the issue was supposedly fixed. Unfortunately this keyboard was the most attractive available. I was looking into the K95 & later the K95 RGB (when his K95 was still working) for myself, but not after this.

That is quite shady of them. Selling a product that they know is bad, and relying on their accumulated customer good will to get through the lashback?
...actually, that sounds like every hardware company operating today. Sorry for your situation, Cyrix.

EDIT: But there's something to realize here. This is something of an outlier situation for corsair, as opposed to the norm. Their PSUs are still good, and most of the keyboards are too. I wouldn't blacklist them forever if I were you.

I totally disagree. You got the option to RMA it and you guys won't accept it because they won't upgrade to their new flagship RBG keyboard? All it is is basically a K95 with RBGs instead of the white leds on the K95. I think your complaint is ridiculous. You're blowing this out of proportion than what you have at hand. Don't take this personal but I will show you what good CS is.

My Corsair Headphones broke twice. They replaced my Corsair headphones to the same model the first time. Second time they upgraded to their new gen. because they didn't have the original ones in stock. Mind you after the first RMA, the second one got replaced after their warranty period. (They went the extra Mile)

Replaced my Corsair Keyboard (K90) because of issues. They replaced it and upgraded me to a K95. They had no more K90s in stock.

My Corsair Links over the last 3+ years have had issues. They sent me new Corsair Link Cooling nods. Now they sent me a new Generation Corsair Link Mini. That got fried. They replaced it with another one.

Had a MB, GPU, Link mini blowout. EVGA took care of the MB and GPU since it was theirs. Corsair took care of the Link mini and the possible culprit of the blowout, AX1200i, since I was an earlier adopter and had purchased the PSU with the older firmware that had OCP disabled by default.

Anyhow, these are some examples of my Corsair experience. I think you're over reacting and don't realize how good we have it. And for the record, no I am not a fan boy of Corsair. I was a huge critic on the Corsair Link. The software still stinks after 3 years of beta testing. Oh and I am about to RMA the mouse since the scroller is malfunctioning. Mind you this is past the warranty period so we shall see.

And if by "different" ratings you mean "no rating at all" vs "F," then yes, they have different ratings. I haven't dealt with Asus, so I have no opinion there.

1. It says D-, not F.

2. The rating is unwarranted. Go through the complaints, and note how many of them are brats whining about not getting rebates or warranty support because they had no proof of purchase. That BBB lets such obviously stupid complaints negatively affect a rating says bad things about BBB, not Corsair.

Last edited:
2. The rating in unwarranted. Go through the complaints, and note how many of them are brats whining about not getting rebates or warranty support because they had no proof of purchase. That BBB lets such obviously stupid complaints negatively affect a rating saying bad things about BBB, not Corsair.

An added note on the rating, think about the ratio of people complaining to people praising. I always go with the generality that there is 4 people satisfied with every one brat whining about getting a lemon/bad support. That is unless extensive research on a product shows otherwise.

Corsair again has since upgraded my Keyboard K95 and M65 mouse to their newest RBG flagship on both since I was having issues with both, mind you they were past their warranty.

Back