• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New "Deskputer" build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bob4933

Frankly, got sick of my tiny desk, and needed something bigger, especially when I go dual monitor here in a bit. Also, didn't really feel like spending 1000$ on a desk, and other desks were too big or too small for my needs.

Some points of interest ->

- Glass viewing screen, with green LED's (goes with my razer stuff)
- custom DAC interface built into desk with flamed maple
- LOTS of room
- Desk bottom is beveled to hide wires and stuff very well. the only cables I'll see when everything's said and done is my charging cable for my phone, and my usb cables from my mouse and keyboard.
- 5 x 140mm fans for ventilation (should be plenty)
- custom sleeved wiring
- PSU mounted under the desk, invisible, just the sleeved wires will poke through, should be nice and clean when I finish
- better setup for my speakers, pretty excited about that.

I am currently waiting for my sabertooth to come back from RMA, so hopefully that will be sooner than later. Pardon the place holder bench platform, not my ideal setup and certainly doesn't look "clean", but Im pretty excited for this one. Updates will come as parts come in.

Through the looking glass ->
20141231_100545_resized_zps40a0fda6.jpg

Kinda how I envision it, sorry for the blurriness
20141231_100512_resized_zpse8410a7c.jpg

Scarlett frame and drawers
20141231_100604_resized_zpsad38cb19.jpg

Messy, but at least i have room!

20141231_133329_resized_zps82f12a0c.jpg

Ooh some goodies came :)... should be sweet when I get my saberkitty back!

Hard drive cage, plasti-dipped in neon green, has a nice 140mm fan too.

20141231_161147_resized_zps4723d586.jpg

LED's installed, layed out the sleeved cables and put the cage in its respective location.

20141231_161700_resized_zps5aafc2dd.jpg

Forgot to update this...

Cabinet to house my interface ->

20150120_214920_resized_zpsdee0fc85.jpg

Crispy in the dark
20150120_214901_resized_zps21bac013.jpg

And have some wire management to do, but overall I enjoy the build.
20150120_214752_resized_zps50962954.jpg

LED's are wired to a switch for easy on or off function.

20150120_215306_resized_zpsd449b679.jpg

Excellent work! "One day", I will definitely be doing something similar. :D

EDIT: Do you really not use ASDF when you game?!?! ;)

Looks great bob and i like the hanging guitars on the wall, got any nice ones you want to mention there about! :thup: :salute:

Ajay.

Thanks guys. More utilitarian than "pretty" but I am enjoying the massive amount of real estate here.

EDIT: Do you really not use ASDF when you game?!?! ;)

Im not sure what you mean?

Looks great bob and i like the hanging guitars on the wall, got any nice ones you want to mention there about! :thup: :salute:

Ajay.

Haha, I have about 30 guitars roaming about, but in the pic from left to right -> MIJ squier strat (redoing everything on it), Ibanez JS1, Peavey Limited, Self made rg7, Ibanez RT650, and Charvel San Dimas. Nothing too fancy here.

You have the red keys on the arrow keys is why I think he said that. Typical FPSers use AWSD.

You have the red keys on the arrow keys is why I think he said that. Typical FPSers use AWSD.

LOL I was seeing "ASDF" and was like... dafuq is that?

Yeah this keyboard is magic :) I can move the numpad to the other side. I do use WASD primarily though.

I have the same keyboard, it is pretty sweet, eh?

Does your numpad still work? Mine stopped like 2 weeks after I got it, but I don't care because I never used it anyway. Never used the silly flip up keypad thingy either. Or the programmable buttons..... Why did I spend so much on this keyboard again?

Oh yea, the Cherry Blacks.

I have the same keyboard, it is pretty sweet, eh?

Does your numpad still work? Mine stopped like 2 weeks after I got it, but I don't care because I never used it anyway. Never used the silly flip up keypad thingy either. Or the programmable buttons..... Why did I spend so much on this keyboard again?

Oh yea, the Cherry Blacks.

I've had this thing for over a year now, zero issues what so ever. Got it for 70$ back when the next cheapest mech board was well over 100. I'd spend the 70 again :)

Man that is a nice setup. Wish I had the thought processes to build something like that for my next build.

Back