• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI Z87 board for $55($25 after MIR) ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Says;

MSI Z87-G41 PC Mate LGA1150 Motherboard $9 AR & promo code @Frys B&M
Best deal on a new Z87 motherboard. Personally using it with a i7 4790k for couple weeks now, great basic OC board, a bit of mixed reviews on Newegg, mine had the restart problem out of the box, newest 1.8 BIOS Update will fix most problems.

I own this board paired with a Pentium. No problems whatsoever. I am running a FreeNAS backup solution with this hardware, so I cannot comment on overclocking.

If I had a Frys around here and a need for a basic build, I'd have no problem grabbing one. My P67-G45, which I'm guessing is from the same range of boards, has held up well.

The price went up to the regular level.:( So you all are saying that this mobo is fine for low-end CPUs. Thus, it is not advisable to buy this with say i5 4690k?

Well, I'm sure it would work fine with an i5, but I'm just guessing that at full price, it wouldn't hurt to jump to a slightly higher end board.

I know the sale is over but just to say a few things in support of MSI-

There's nothing wrong with MSI boards for daily use. For benching they lack a little quality to be pushed real hard. But, MSI is one the best/easiest companies to RMA with ever. They are fast, easy, and very accommodating.

I just sold my Z87-G41 PC mate because I upgraded to a Z97 board and 4770k. But I ran and overclocked a G3258 and 4670k with no problems on it, great budget board.

There's nothing wrong with MSI boards for daily use. For benching they lack a little quality to be pushed real hard. But, MSI is one the best/easiest companies to RMA with ever. They are fast, easy, and very accommodating.

Quoted for truth. The reason I picked up an MSI board for my main desktop and just recently an MSI laptop was because of my experience RMAing my netbook several years ago. They responded to emails within an hour or two, didn't have that "we have your money now go away" attitude (even after saying I added some extra RAM and couldn't find the stock 1GB stick), and they had the netbook for only a day and a half before shipping it back.

Back