• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with custom build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Upim

Hello guys so i need a custom build that gonna run ultra on all new games but also render videos for youtube. Now is kinda tricky because the budget is on what ever you think will be fine probably 1200$ will make it but feel free to go under or over, now the trick is that the budget start from 400$ and every 2 weeks i get another 400$ to add to that build so i kinda need a smooth transition from a very bad old pc to the one i'm gonna build. Now i have an old pc i didn't use for like 4-5 years and i'm gonna probably use the Graphic Card from it until i get the right stuff in it.

So this is the spec from the old pc:
Graphic Card: GeForce GT 430
Processor:AMD Athlon 7750 Dual-Core
Mobo: ASRock NF6-GLAN

And i hope you guys can help me make this transition pain less since i have spend 2 days plan how to do that. The last thing i want to mention is that i'm gonna use water cooling and try overclock so it would be nice if you had that in mind picking the parts.

You will be scrapping everything anyway (except maybe the case?)... buy stuff on sale in the interim.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dQLmRB

thats pretty much what you should get imo.

If you have the money today, definitely get that powersupply TODAY. Its 25$ off immediately and has a 5$ mail in rebate.

edit: PLEASE dont reuse your old power supply. If its age is commiserate with the rest of your system, its probably ancient and needs to be replaced.

The last thing i want to mention is that i'm gonna use water cooling and try overclock so it would be nice if you had that in mind picking the parts.

Don't worry, somebody else will actually read the post first.

the H110 costs around 20$ more and it will go neck to neck with the Noctua D-14 Bob suggested, unless if the op is willing to build a custom loop

Yeah, most people think that those AIO coolers are vastly superior. Given his budget .... a custom loop is out of the question, and a 200$ AIO cooler is also out of budget. Unless there was a second budget allotted for a custom loop cooler... which may or may not be the case

Im glad some people around here are able to read for context and grasp the general idea, thank you itachiii :)

Back