• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG GREEN MOLECULE (modded Fractal Design ACR Mini R2)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
XQJQ3aX.png .

Hey guys. Here's a quick look at some of the components and water blocks.

EK Maximus V Gene water block painted white

4XvRcNV.jpg

XbqUWch.jpg

KMKcpRY.jpg

Polished EK Ram block with the Primochill rigid fittings that I will be using

WRlZIlc.jpg

BXMDVzp.jpg

PguOViA.jpg

RUYD4lj.jpg

A7Xdbgd.jpg

EK Supremacy EVO CPU block polished and painted white

bhIjOH5.jpg

2Z9SAJF.jpg

giuUKqS.jpg

05v13yd.jpg

Waterblock installed on the motherboard

yLozA3n.jpg

ZWS8StH.jpg

Removed the heat sink for painting

FyjYUOf.jpg

UMROeh2.jpg

c3NCagd.jpg

gVMh8sQ.jpg

Added some white vinyl to the side of the ram slot that will be seen. The ram will also get custom graphics

yHHEoMh.jpg

Batter look with all the waterblocks on

Mdkkp6R.jpg

You can also see I added some white vinyl on top of the sata connectors

fodND8N.jpg

White strip on the RAM though I don't like the look of it, as I said custom graphics for the RAM will be coming

kFFmhs6.jpg

d1zAirM.jpg

eSjYCqt.jpg

yP1WTfh.jpg

aHNichV.jpg

hOusrFz.jpg

4AQPaO9.jpg

2veXygm.jpg

JU1EyJt.jpg

8dsJnMM.jpg

Heat sink is back on the motherboard after painting. I will be making a custom plate for it with some nice ROG graphics to match the theme of the build.

NQdT3YO.jpg

6k3b9pB.jpg

iAqRTDR.jpg

uhu8dKD.jpg

That's pretty much it for now guys. Most of the red bits on the motherboard will be covered by components so they won't be seen and the build will still stick to the green and white theme.

Stay tuned for more.

Cheers,

Alex

I have to say, I love the green fittings. Works well with the mobo colours IMO :thup:

Sweet job so far!

XQJQ3aX.png

Hey guys,

Here are the Gelid Wing UV Green fans. 7 will be going in the build, 3 on the top 360 radiator in push and 4 on the front 240 radiator in push/pull. This is a quick look at the fans before painting along with the UV LED strips from DarkSide. Two of the fans have white LEDs, those will be going in the front of the case on the 240 rad and will be staying black, the rest of the fans will have the casing painted white.

Q7WTVsx.jpg

hWq9pKZ.jpg

IccML73.jpg

These are the two with white LEDs

KheLPs9.jpg

I have 9 of them but will only need 7 in the build

0hLVByd.jpg

pgdEW2I.jpg

PBexlOV.jpg

mv7rZGO.jpg

1QwHOAp.jpg

Thanks for checking it out.

Cheers,

Alex

C'mon now, 2 sets of pictures of your fans? Let's see 'em with the rest of the system man! lol

Good job so far, sub'd.

C'mon now, 2 sets of pictures of your fans? Let's see 'em with the rest of the system man! lol

Good job so far, sub'd.

Hahaha there's still quite a few things I need to get done before I can get them in the system :)

Thanks for subbing, I hope the wait will be worth it :D

Those have to be the most badass looking fans I have ever seen. :drool:

Yea, I really like them too. Pretty much the whole green colour scheme of the build is because of those fans :p

- - - Updated - - -

XQJQ3aX.png

Hey guys,

I'm proud to announce SIMPLE MODZ, a new Facebook page that I have just launched!

XuxL19h.png

It is just a place for me to showcase my custom builds and interact with the community. There is not much there at the moment but I have quite a few nice projects upcoming this year and much more beyond that. If you enjoy my work, please have a look, pop by and say hi, maybe even like the page.

As for the build, not much has changed as for the moment I am waiting for a few things to arrive.

I do have part of the system in the case and it is running nicely on my desk. Air cooled for the moment. Also that GPU is in there temporarily, it's an ASUS 780 Poseidon Platinum. Really nice card but it would be too big for the build with the way I'm installing things with the 970 reference short pcb in mind, the Poseidon would be blocking the spot for the res.

JPfY8KY.jpg

lVIlpXn.jpg

Here is the top rad with the fans sleeved and mounted

UBsLDeX.jpg

h7BxAGs.jpg

7pIEMkv.jpg

LH93lPQ.jpg

ocUtsnP.jpg

EFZdbul.jpg

A better look at the shroud outside the case and also how I install the acrylic piece for the motherboard tray

ICwkty2.jpg

Fd2dDKN.jpg

AaXbfeS.jpg

P32B43e.jpg

That's it for now guys!

An exciting piece of equipment should be arriving this following week so stay tuned for that.

Cheers,

Alex

Last edited:
Very nice Alex. I'm normally not big on white cases, but with the green accents it really looks nice. Thanks for showing how you'll attach the PSU cover. Well done. I'll see you on Facebook

Very nice Alex. I'm normally not big on white cases, but with the green accents it really looks nice. Thanks for showing how you'll attach the PSU cover. Well done. I'll see you on Facebook

Thanks mate! :D Yea I forgot to mention about the shroud. I will be using the existing holes from the case feet and just using some longer screws on the feet to hold the shroud in place. I will also need some support on the back right corner of the shroud next to the motherboard. Something that will support the pump and res combo, might get one of those cubes :)

XQJQ3aX.png

Hey guys,

I am proud to announce Icemodz as a sponsor for the build! :D

I would like to thank them as they will kindly provide the custom sleeved cables :D

y9W1WcM.jpg

As for the current state of the build, both rads are now in the case and I have also modded a vandal switch for the power button on the front panel. That got rid of all the cable mess that was coming from the front panel connectors and it also looks really good in my opinion.

TzYkJqr.jpg

Those drilled holes are for something special going in the 5.25" bays

opQjuzE.jpg

Xy5iS1h.jpg

dcxlc9t.jpg

8ZdriIu.jpg

PJhUS6a.jpg

CRQJr3w.jpg

Thanks for checking it out. Stay tuned for more!

Cheers,

Alex

XQJQ3aX.png

Hey guys and girls :)

Here is the new toy I have been waiting for. The new Silhouette Cameo 2014 edition.

NjngJET.jpg

Also other bits I got along with it :)

XoqXJwl.jpg

AGm6P0D.jpg

Xdjwnxs.jpg

B3pJeur.jpg

First cut

zNClrgT.jpg

I will be playing with it for the next few days! Thanks for checking it out!

Cheers,

Alex

XQJQ3aX.png

Hey guys!

Here is my first time using the Silhouette Cameo. Fan stickers, molecule pattern on the back panel and the same will be used on the shroud once I'm done with it :). I also did custom stickers for two of the memory sticks that will be seen as well as the EK memory block in white.

The colour of the white vinyl used as you can see from the pictures is different from the white acrylic colour and the rest of the case however a nice UV effect should be visible from all the stickers once the LEDs are in. I will test that out in the following days.

Really happy with the results from the Silhouette. Very good software that comes with it and very easy to use, the designs you can do are unlimited :D

l7vVccO.jpg

LnGE1ur.jpg

wCqxnv0.jpg

v71ACVH.jpg

PypAr5Q.jpg

cSQJyRT.jpg

BcFrKUW.jpg

MOuCxOX.jpg

1DQ0Z2z.jpg

Thanks for checking it out!

Cheers,

Alex