• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG GREEN MOLECULE (modded Fractal Design ACR Mini R2)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes, yes and yes! :drool:

Now that's just stunning. Well done, can't wait to see the next builds!! :D

XQJQ3aX.png

Hey guys,

Finally had some time and managed to PlastiDip the Nvidia SLI bridge!

Check it out!

jq24wUN.jpg

435lMig.jpg

sRfyPC1.jpg

vn6CGC1.jpg

7QWzlFw.jpg

SjskEUR.jpg

DO0cnfv.jpg

UxMUAVg.jpg

G1AUGWC.jpg

IzN9SKJ.jpg

IYZePIE.jpg

RJa3JoB.jpg

AoGWiAE.jpg

It does look much better this way and I'm glad I painted it in the end!

Getting the final parts next, new SSDs!!!

Cheers,

Alex

Yeah that took a killer sexy SLI bridge and made it even better :rock:
Looks much better with the colour scheme now!

Ahh but there is! :p
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color It is the British way to spell colour, and since Canada is part of Britain, "colour" is the correct way to spell it here :D

Of course, I had to spell it color for programming and such lol
Potato, Potato.
Tomato, Tomato :shrug:
Same difference lol

Haha thanks for this. I didn't get the reference first haha. Yea in Australia we spell it colour and also favourite and we don't use z for anything :) probly other stuff too that I can't think of right now

XQJQ3aX.png

Hey guys!

SSDs are here, ready for painting and custom decals!

I ended up getting two Crucial MX100 drives, got a pretty good deal on them. Unfortunately I couldn't afford two 512GB drives so I can then run them in Raid 0. So the 256GB will do for windows and other bits and the 512GB will be used solely for gaming :D

BXZvm1A.jpg

uXOIUV7.jpg

yul3jEb.jpg

cmTv63Z.jpg

Warranty VOIDED :dremel:

cptIkOo.jpg

J3xD93U.jpg

D3qpqbK.jpg

NUWflZq.jpg

gJP86bQ.jpg

Will be painting and getting custom decals done for them over the next few days! Get them in the build and a fresh new copy of Windows and the Green Molecule will be complete.

Thanks for checking it out.

Cheers,

Alex

Ooooohh I like where this is going. :thup:

I thought you were just going to leave the SSD's alone lol

XQJQ3aX.png

Hey guys,

Painted the SSDs and finished the decals. I think they turned out pretty good. Let me know what you guys think?

The reason I took so long to get these done is because I got confused which was the front on these SSDs. It seems like they are the other way around from the other SSD and HDD I have in the build now in terms of the connectors on them. So I ended up doing one side with the decal and as I went to install them I realized they're not gonna work that way. So that just set me off in terms of time as I had to go and do the other side. I haven't had time since to get them in the build and get a fresh install of windows on. Hopefully this weekend.

Anyways, here's the right side up which I'm gonna have on display in the SSD windows and you will see the other side below that, with the connectors facing out instead of in like on a normal HDD or other SSDs.

W6fGeTm.jpg

TylHUa9.jpg

nohg6Lz.jpg

This is the other side.

tcXvffs.jpg

WqD9NrK.jpg

Thanks for checking it out. Hopefully I'll have them in this weekend, get fresh Windows on and do some benchmarks and final pics of course :D

Cheers,

Alex

XQJQ3aX.png

Hey guys,

SSDs are in and all working great. I have most of my stuff loaded onto them now. I will be doing some benchmarks and taking final pics of the build shortly and then wrapping this build log up!

Here's a look at the build with the SSDs in and final cable management in the back. I also added a cool decal to the back of the PSU.

Out with the old! Will be reusing these drives after a makeover in my Toxic Chrome 250D build.

NavsP28.jpg

QIasp1K.jpg

QNiKB7s.jpg

nuKSrGu.jpg

5CfdvGF.jpg

TgecoY6.jpg

z3qGqR7.jpg

o8fw9ta.jpg

u6MuiR6.jpg

First PSU decal I did, but decided to give it the molecule look afterwards.

8WdKI8S.jpg

Much better this way!

VnGzu2Y.jpg

xAhPq9P.jpg

DyWRTSm.jpg

STP3dR3.jpg

Thanks for checking in out!

If you guys have any requests for a benchmark or any games you would like me to run, let me know and I will see if I can make it happen.

Cheers,

Alex

You sponsored or just giving away free branding :D

Looks awesome honestly, any possible way to make them sit closer to the windows?

IDK if the threading is the same, but I think some motherboard standoffs would probably put your SSDs flush to the windows. Everything else on the build is so well lined up, honestly I think the SSDs look a little out of place.

However, it still looks amazing, and some day I wish to use some of your ideas in my own build. Some day.

You sponsored or just giving away free branding :D

Looks awesome honestly, any possible way to make them sit closer to the windows?

Not sponsored by Crucial. Just wanted to keep the likeness of the SSDs and add my own style to them :)

IDK if the threading is the same, but I think some motherboard standoffs would probably put your SSDs flush to the windows. Everything else on the build is so well lined up, honestly I think the SSDs look a little out of place.

However, it still looks amazing, and some day I wish to use some of your ideas in my own build. Some day.

Yea I get what you mean about the standoffs. It's a good idea actually and I'm gonna look into it. Should have 4 MB standoffs around somewhere :)

Thanks mate, appreciate the kind words :D

Back