• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG GREEN MOLECULE (modded Fractal Design ACR Mini R2)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Not sponsored by Crucial. Just wanted to keep the likeness of the SSDs and add my own style to them :)

Yea I get what you mean about the standoffs. It's a good idea actually and I'm gonna look into it. Should have 4 MB standoffs around somewhere :)

Thanks mate, appreciate the kind words :D

No problem, we appreciate a creative build!

it would be awesome if you put some rubber grommet(green color) around the SSD side case hole. It would be harder to see the inside and give it some flare on that side of the panel. o8fw9ta.jpg

it would be awesome if you put some rubber grommet(green color) around the SSD side case hole. It would be harder to see the inside and give it some flare on that side of the panel.

Thanks for that mate. I'm gonna have a go at bringing them closer to the window first. That should make them stand out more and I don't mind that you can see inside, the cables look good too and you can't see from all angles :)

Thanks for that mate. I'm gonna have a go at bringing them closer to the window first. That should make them stand out more and I don't mind that you can see inside, the cables look good too and you can't see from all angles :)
Its not that it doesnt look good, its just that it looks "put in" instead "designed in" if you understand my meaning. With a build of your caliber, it does stand out in a negative way, but perhaps its just the camera bringing it into a more "obvious" nature.

XQJQ3aX.png

Hey guys,

Here are the final photos as well as a look at the Green Molecule next to the Vault Boy!

Which one do you guys like better?

bpbZFlZ.jpg

ogQaLUa.jpg

mbYZSWO.jpg

eXsidzo.jpg

Xw5Rwdz.jpg

QfraiH6.jpg

pdNsUBG.jpg

7wX7g6d.jpg

yiol0h2.jpg

VkGSLqs.jpg

5rClmEI.jpg

xsSgrTN.jpg

JC5NvdS.jpg

QDo6JjF.jpg

KV9E8B2.jpg

JBlwHxb.jpg

qTaDJ9S.jpg

pHrPPK9.jpg

8dMuxfn.jpg

pR1o0T6.jpg

QWeKKyy.jpg

DLyEosR.jpg

0xKltLC.jpg

0RsAMVU.jpg

G1NRol1.jpg

82G7jU5.jpg

dYw62Ym.jpg

NJ33680.jpg

Benchmarks and temp testing will be coming pretty soon I hope. Been super busy with work lately and I just didn't have the time. The 3770K is overclocked same as before the rebuild, 4.7GHz @ 1.29v and as for the GPUs, I didn't have time to play with overclocks on them at all yet.

Thanks for checking it out.

Cheers,

Alex

The SSD's do look a lot better pushed out closer to the side cover Alex. Nice job.

Which is better? There are different aspects of each that I like, but Vault Boy'a always been one of my favorite builds. Just my opinion but I think it's a nicer looking case, I like the color choices (U of M fan here), it's a perfect homage to a great game and if I'm not mistaken it's the build that essentially put you on the map. I may be wrong here as I have only been watching these custom builds for a few years.

Either way, great job on some beautiful rigs!

The SSD's do look a lot better pushed out closer to the side cover Alex. Nice job.

Which is better? There are different aspects of each that I like, but Vault Boy'a always been one of my favorite builds. Just my opinion but I think it's a nicer looking case, I like the color choices (U of M fan here), it's a perfect homage to a great game and if I'm not mistaken it's the build that essentially put you on the map. I may be wrong here as I have only been watching these custom builds for a few years.

Either way, great job on some beautiful rigs!

Thanks a lot mate! And yea that's right, a lot of people have seen my Vault Boy build.

Also I haven't done anything else to the SSDs, no time. Like I said before, different angles and it looks different :).

Cheers,

Alex

Hey guys,

I haven't posted on this build log for a while now, I know I was meant to post some benchmarks and temp results just didn't get a chance to do it while working on other builds and been moving house for a while now.

The Green Molecule build is up for voting as a featured build on the Linus Tech Tips forum, please check it out and post a vote if you can, it would be much appreciated!

Cheers,

Alex

HHqeKvy.jpg

Hey guys,

I have a small update regarding this build!

I'm happy to say that it has been nominated as one of the 12 mods and 12 scratchbuilds for Bit-Tech's Mod of the Year for 2015. This is a huge honour and in my opinion the most prestigious nomination you can get as a modder.

Thanks a lot to those that might have nominated it and a huge thanks to Bit-Tech for considering my build!

Here are some final pics of the build before I took it apart a few months ago. I've been preparing it for a special announcement just at the start of the new year which I'm sure everyone will be excited for.

Check out the Mod of the Year here and place some votes, all you need is an email address - http://www.bit-tech.net/modding/2015/12/24/bit-tech-mod-of-the-year-2015/1

Ac1vifk.jpg

bUNFqzv.jpg

DXpY3xS.jpg

OyRSeZT.jpg

kkJb9Db.jpg

Jpc6Omz.jpg

2bs4ntj.jpg

phcJHpb.jpg

hsjuU0n.jpg

d4TF0R9.jpg

cvPvNy3.jpg

XoupNeR.jpg

SBnfNcG.jpg

AbY1SBB.jpg

Alkal3U.jpg

GL38wxf.jpg

hn4JcUf.jpg

rAERqYt.jpg

pGdiYY4.jpg

DhWDVaN.jpg

Thanks for checking it out!

Cheers,

Alex

Sweet! Can't wait!!

Just finished voting too! Hope you win it Alex!! :thup:
There's some real tough competition there.

Sweet! Can't wait!!

Just finished voting too! Hope you win it Alex!! :thup:
There's some real tough competition there.

Thanks a lot! Yea there are some really nice builds in there as you'd expect from a mod of the year selection :D

Hey, What UV strip do you use in that build? It comes out nicely in there.

The UV strips I used were from DarkSide check out dazmode.com who makes them or Performance-PCs andMNPCTECH stock them as well.

Back