• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help overclocking Phenom II x6 1100T

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hey Yeh I would try wc I just rather not mod the case itself if I knew what wc would fit current case and components I'd give try as haven't used wc at all

MEh...

In short Shrimp would mod the case if need be to sport a better cooling solution (opinion <---- )

You can always get the Noctua NH - D14 which is better than the H100i, but as ShrimpBrime and RGone said, you need to get rid of as much hot air within the case as possible if you want to get up to 4.1GHz without throttling.

You can always get the Noctua NH - D14 which is better than the H100i, but as ShrimpBrime and RGone said, you need to get rid of as much hot air within the case as possible if you want to get up to 4.1GHz without throttling.

That hsf looks well impressive one ask are the fans changeable

The killer is the $$ needed to be spent. D14 is a great cooler.

But

If I was really to school you properly, You'd be running a custom loop with no less than a 120.3 rad, decent pump, Nice little res perhaps some case lighting and a pricey water block for superior heat transfer from that chip......

There's a reason why I started de-lidding these cpu's.... lol. AMD has some hot running stuff. Well not that it runs hot for say, but rather that super low TDP threshold. Keeping Phenom II chips UNDER 50c both at the core and socket is by no means an easy task.

To do this right, you'd have to find a much larger case, get lots of decent fans and a custom loop.

dude...

Coolermaster 430 elite

The H100i "should" fit that case. Rad mounted topside on the inside. Looks like 120.2 fans on top??

Push fans up, 2 more fans on top to pull, would be a good set up.

True, but H100i won't match the D14 and we're talking about ~50$ less which the OP can use for fans to improve his air flow. Ofc, if there was room in ur budget for a custom loop that would be your best bet for the clocks u want but, personally, I would go for the Noctua since it's cheaper and it will perform better than the H100i.

Yeh man I saw that previous where fans on top of case but can Yeh get fan guards so don't touch as kids about.. Thas why I didn't choose that

Kids only learn once HAH!

well, looks like sub 3.8ghz. THe D14 might do it, But I'd be really sure there's a lot of case flow. That cooler needs as much air flow you can throw at it. (holds true for any air cooler I suppose)

True, but H100i won't match the D14 and we're talking about ~50$ less which the OP can use for fans to improve his air flow. Ofc, if there was room in ur budget for a custom loop that would be your best bet for the clocks u want but, personally, I would go for the Noctua since it's cheaper and it will perform better than the H100i.

I like the heat sink but not fussed on there colour as a fan.. Can they be changed and ever tried the aerocool dead silence fans they look good

Kids only learn once HAH!

well, looks like sub 3.8ghz. THe D14 might do it, But I'd be really sure there's a lot of case flow. That cooler needs as much air flow you can throw at it.

Haha true well I plan on filling case with push/pull but want cool plus quiet I know only true way is wc but then that could b close £200 for just cooling

Haha true well I plan on filling case with push/pull but want cool plus quiet I know only true way is wc but then that could b close £200 for just cooling

You can try the iPPC series of Noctua. Hook em on a fan controller so u can set the desired RPM, I would recommend a NZXT Sentry 3

You do have the option of saving moneys you know.....

The only hard part is the dated hardware.

The Hyper 212 is going to be a decent choice, but remember the case is stuffy. You might not do any better than you are right now at 3.6ghz.

This 1100+ is going to require more voltage in turn needing lower temps.

volts go up, temps MUST go down.

i like the look of the hs of the D14 just wanna change the fans colours not my type and i wanna upgrade board to the asus crosshair v forumla z board to get more ram in here lol

out of interst too how long does the thermal paste last for spread on cpu and would that account for speed vs heat

The Noctua comes 'with' probably the best fans in the market. To change defeats the purpose of a very good Noctua cooler. If you don't like Noctua fans then don't get a Noctua cooler.
RGone...

Back