• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help overclocking Phenom II x6 1100T

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Prolimatech Vortex Fan Aluminum Series you ment Yeh they only 400rpm faster than aerocool so not bad and they red led

Sure if that's the look you want and yes the prolimas only go to 1600 but push out 125CFM, they're also 140s not 120s

Can't find them in UK but found the Nocton no-a 14 sw 3000rpm but says noise 14 decibels but if got fan controller I can cut by half yer? And they do 140 and 120

You have to decide what is more important. The color of the fans or whether you are serious about cooling. I have a NH-D14. I don't like the color of the fans but they do a great job of cooling my 8320 at an acceptable noise level.

Do you use a fan controller for your nh-d14

If you get the noctua you won't need fans for it the one's on there are good. I typically leave the cooler fans attachedto the motherboard using C&Q to control it.

Hey, whoa...

...we are going nuts over fans. I said fans would likely be the end of this thread back many pages ago. And seems it is. Now we want to take the fans that likely make the Noctua D-14 the cooler it is and put on gawd only knows what kind of fans so they match a color or something.

Thought we were into cooling that 6 core Thuban down to get to 4.0Ghz. I suggested he get a relatively inexpensive Cpu Cooler the CM 212 EVO and put it in push/pull for on the cheap. THEN we might find out just how well this cheaparse mobo would hold up to pushing on 6 cores. No they are not FX cores but they certainly are not chicken salad either when pushed. The board may not care what color fans are on it. It may just give up and the OP throw up his hands in dismay at all he has done just to see everything go away sort of.

Just the wonderings of an ole faht.
RGone...

If you get the noctua you won't need fans for it the one's on there are good. I typically leave the cooler fans attachedto the motherboard using C&Q to control it.

Oh right OK so c and q will control them thas good coz was worried coz ain't pwm do they say

...we are going nuts over fans. I said fans would likely be the end of this thread back many pages ago. And seems it is. Now we want to take the fans that likely make the Noctua D-14 the cooler it is and put on gawd only knows what kind of fans so they match a color or something.

Thought we were into cooling that 6 core Thuban down to get to 4.0Ghz. I suggested he get a relatively inexpensive Cpu Cooler the CM 212 EVO and put it in push/pull for on the cheap. THEN we might find out just how well this cheaparse mobo would hold up to pushing on 6 cores. No they are not FX cores but they certainly are not chicken salad either when pushed. The board may not care what color fans are on it. It may just give up and the OP throw up his hands in dismay at all he has done just to see everything go away sort of.

Just the wonderings of an ole faht.
RGone...

Haha easy but reason for match is I hate mobo and wanna change it but I wanna see how much I can push processor atm coz can't afford the board I want atm the Asus crosshair v formula z.. Then I will be happy coz I agree totally mobo is cheap arse at £40 paid lol but I just wanna make sure all cooled as should be so no need to worry about that at later when I get the board sorry if I went off topic just wanted some advice thanks everyone so far

Yes once you're done withthe OC if you turn on all the green stuff and enable C&Q your CPU will cycle up and down with load and adjust fan speed as necessary. you can also change the way the fan behaves in the hardware monitoring section of the bios.
EDIT: this requires the use of offset voltage adjustments VS manual setting to work though.

Yes once you're done withthe OC if you turn on all the green stuff and enable C&Q your CPU will cycle up and down with load and adjust fan speed as necessary. you can also change the way the fan behaves in the hardware monitoring section of the bios.
EDIT: this requires the use of offset voltage adjustments VS manual setting to work though.

Cool thanx for that il have a look I just thought coz if fans ain't pwm they won't be adjusted theyd be static speed

That'll be a big improvement over the TX3. Good luck, I've heard they're pretty big so do yourself a favour and pull the Mobo out before you try and mount it.

Yea have to coz think need new cross bar underneath I think can't wait to see how much goes down too

Fans fitted was not hard to put in but when had motherboard out it didnt look right but went in good ...case closed was a bit of a bulge ...temp dropped 10c degrees since last checked when had previous fan in pc been on only qtr hour tho

1970-01-01 01.00.00-15.jpg 1970-01-01 01.00.00-16.jpg corsairlink.jpg

Do you not have an exhaust fan or did you take it out for the install? Also could use a little cable management. But looks good. May be able to push your OC a little further.

no i dont have one at all i only got one at front of case and one at the side the one at front it intake and so is one at the side atm

- - - Updated - - -

should i just try prime95 for an hour and post temps first?

- - - Updated - - -

yeh i know needs cable mangement badly i did try when put cables back in but bet dont looks much better lol

Yes check your temps and post up first before trying to anymore. But you should have some wiggle room.

Lol it's just one of those things. I got bored while I was cleaning all the dust out of mine one day and completely went through and did every cable. Took me awhile but made it look pretty clean.

Back