• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help overclocking Phenom II x6 1100T

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Slightly better temps. Not bad.

Some cable management and some case fans...

TMPIN0 temp is a little high. Can you cool the VRMs?

That's a fun little motherboard you have BTW. On extreme cooling especially. I know the bios very well.

Need an exhaust and a new intake hope that will help too.. How I cool vrms ?

Proper airflow in the case and around that area. If you have space for fans on the top add 1-2 ( exhaust) and add a good front(intake) fan. And as shrimp said, cable management. Less obstacles for the air to flow through= more efficient cooling

Yeh I wanna get one for back and a better one for front and top I don't think one would fit at the bottom as psu blocking two screw holes

Have just upped clock speed in bios too 3.8 to see if it stable now I got a new cpu cooler.. Well bsod I had bfe so far

im trying to figure out bios and try to up the cpu v core to 1.4 like i been told but dont understand motherboard and tool tips aint helping in motherboard bios or book

1970-01-01 01.00.00-23.jpg 1970-01-01 01.00.00-24.jpg

yeh i get that but when i press enter there aint no drop down or wen i press the plus key it just brings an equals sign on the screen like im supposed to type something??

right i figured out the voltage and set it to 1.4 and it turned yellow and i upped the multiplier again to x18 to see if it worked hope i dont get BSOD now lol

right i figured out the voltage and set it to 1.4 and it turned yellow and i upped the multiplier again to x18 to see if it worked hope i dont get BSOD now lol

Had a random reboot after qtr hour on prime 95 temps seemed ok bfe reboot was peaked to 52c

Had a random reboot after qtr hour on prime 95 temps seemed ok bfe reboot was peaked to 52c

well, you're near the threshold (55C) but you might be able to get a little more juice out of it at 1.4V.. Try bumping the freq a little more.

aww so the reboot is ok and just coz wen it gets to 55c the pc reboots anyway coz it that high?

aww so the reboot is ok and just coz wen it gets to 55c the pc reboots anyway coz it that high?

Phenoms and Athlons have a temp threshold of 55C, they will reboot for safety reasons. You can do some things to lower the temps in ur case but first, lower the Vcore by a notch and check if it's stable. If it's not then lower the freq as well. You can always get a better cooler to reduce your temps, use a better TIM such as Gelid GC-extreme or even Coollab Liquid Ultra and put a rear exhaust fan and top exhaust fans so that you create some airflow over the CPU area.

I've only just bought a noctua cpu cooler.. How much should I drop voltage to.. Wots a Tim?? I need to get few more case fans as I don't have an exhaust or the two top fans

Back