• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Headphones with glasses?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sandyduff

Great Scot! Member
Hey guys,

Unfortunately... I'm getting old, and now I have to wear glasses while using a computer. Not really that big of a deal, but it does have some cons.

Point of the thread... I have a pair of Corsair Vengeance Headphones, the original ones not the newer revision, the exact model number excapes me... think it was like 1500 or something.

They are a good headset, nothing special but they had a good sound to them and they were comfy... but now when i wear them with my glasses, they cause the frames to dig into the side of my head and get uncomfortable/sore after a while.

Does anyone have any recommendations for headsets that you have used comfortably with glasses? I do not need a headset with a mic or anything as I have a desktop mic.

Not looking for hardcore audiophile headphones... just for playing games, occasionally music... but mainly games!

Ta :D

There are some decent in ear headphones out there. That would probably be your best bet I would imagine.

Have you thought about removing the ear pads and cutting a groove in the foam for your glasses to sit in?

Probably the only time I'd recommend sennheiser (personally speaking, Im not their biggest fan), but they sit very light on the head, and don't have a lot of "clamping pressure" that some headsets have.

There are some decent in ear headphones out there. That would probably be your best bet I would imagine.

I like in ear headphones for music, but not gaming... I find they get uncomfortable after an extended period of time. Plus I don't like talking with them in as I don't really know how loud I'm speaking :D

Have you thought about removing the ear pads and cutting a groove in the foam for your glasses to sit in?

That's not a bad idea...

Back