• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DHL Fail

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Niku-Sama

I thought DHL left the states? it needs to it kinda sucks a big one. Newegg decided to ship my ram DHL smartpost or e something...I donno, its that one where halfway through they hand it over to USPS half way and just effs things up.

its been about a week and a half, I am hoping its in USPSs hands now because the tracking number doesent work on DHLs website, it works on newegg but hasn't been updated since it left Compton 3 days ago USPS shows the same info and no transfer from DHL to USPS has been logged yet. Newegg shows the same info that USPS has. I think they lost it.

i'ma gonna give it a few more days, they did give them selves a long lead time on this one, something about ordering with free shipping at the beginning of the year means you get crap shipping it seems

I really don't understand why these places don't just use USPS right off the bat, they deliver in a faster manner than this 2 carrier thing at the same price and I've not had any problems with the packages arriving using USPS unless the person I bought from was a dumbass

oh, come on ivan, dhl has sucked in the us for years, all they (could i use tehy?) do is broker here in the us and do a darn fine job of screwing it up.

oh, come on ivan, dhl has sucked in the us for years, all they (could i use tehy?) do is broker here in the us and do a darn fine job of screwing it up.

I can tell you right now DHL in Canada is no better.

no it was no import.
I mean it was but it wasn't a drop shipped type of thing where they diverted it on the way.
I did finally get the ram and it had the usual City of Industry CA origination

so it took 2 weeks for it to travel roughly 700 Miles. it almost would have been worth the time to drive down to pick it up with gas prices being so low

you're not thinking................. are you?????

They won't even do pickups in my town. Their trucks don't come here unless they have something to drop off. It's like the whole town has leprosy or something.

I'd rather do business with UPS. And I hate UPS.

We only have one courier that routinely visits town, and that's Purolator. UPS subcontracts with them, Fedex subcontracts with Canada Post. I haven't seen an actual Fedex or UPS truck in town for years now. Sometimes I wonder how I get any PSU review samples at all.

Purolator like oil filters? I know they have their own delivery but I would think it'd be odd if they did side jobs as delivery

Purolator like oil filters? I know they have their own delivery but I would think it'd be odd if they did side jobs as delivery

Yep. Used to be Trans Canada Couriers, then Purolator bought them, and then Canada Post bought them from Purolator but kept the name.

What shipping company is better in Canada? :rofl:

Purolator, at least for me ;)

Weird how shipping companies get different reps in different places.
I've had quite a number of things shipped to me via DHL, and with the exception of one driver who said that my address did not exist (funny since presumably a different DHL guy delivered a package to it 3 days before hand), the only company that has done better by me is canada post. UPS and FedEx almost always try to charge me extra, or they leave the package in our mailbox that doesn't have a door on it, and fake our signature for the delivery confirmation. (I live on a really busy road, and the house is located 300-500 feet back from the road, a couple of packages that were delivered 'to the front door' and we're signed for a signature that looked like someone just handwriting my name(not anyone in my house signing for it like that) have actually gone missing)
Canada post is my preferred shipping company, but dhl would probably be a close second.

In Poland DHL and UPS have best reputation ... and cost more. Fedex is using other companies ( TNT, DPD or other local ) but sometimes I get package from them delivered by their courier.
I really can't complain at local shipping companies comparing to what I hear about US/Canada.

here in the us we are a fussy bunch about mail and shipping, our mail service was handed over to the unions some years ago and we are sick and tired of them losing 5.5 BILLION a year and we, the tax payer have to fill the coffers.......
I really must say that they actually do a fine job at some of this stuff, I have shipped stuff two states over on monday and it arrived on wednesday.

my last 2 orders from newegg have been dropped off to usps. crazy how they can get something from memphis to dallas in 1 day and then it takes 3-4 days to get it the last 100 miles

I thought DHL left the states? it needs to it kinda sucks a big one. Newegg decided to ship my ram DHL smartpost or e something...I donno, its that one where halfway through they hand it over to USPS half way and just effs things up.

its been about a week and a half, I am hoping its in USPSs hands now because the tracking number doesent work on DHLs website, it works on newegg but hasn't been updated since it left Compton 3 days ago USPS shows the same info and no transfer from DHL to USPS has been logged yet. Newegg shows the same info that USPS has. I think they lost it.

i'ma gonna give it a few more days, they did give them selves a long lead time on this one, something about ordering with free shipping at the beginning of the year means you get crap shipping it seems

I really don't understand why these places don't just use USPS right off the bat, they deliver in a faster manner than this 2 carrier thing at the same price and I've not had any problems with the packages arriving using USPS unless the person I bought from was a dumbass

Hello Niku-Sama,

We apologize for any delays and would live to take a look into this for you. Can you please contact us at [email protected] with your order number and we'll be more than happy to check on the delivery status for you. Thank you for your patience.

William - Newegg Support

Back