• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Grand Theft Auto 5 release date??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Theocnoob

Green Man Gaming says GTA 5 will release January 27, 2015. But Steam only says "Early 2015".
Anybody know for sure? I've got $60 put aside for this game that I've been waiting for now for a good year and a half...

I was really psyched for a January 27, 2015 release date but now with Steam being ambiguous I don't know who to trust.

I think the 27th was just a placeholder. I haven't seen anything say that it will officially be that date and I think R* has only said early 2015?

There's no emoticon that describes how sad that makes me.

I am also super sad... I've got it pre-ordered from Amazon and it says Jan 27th, I always find Amazon to be pretty accurate, especially this close to the date. Fingers crossed

I am also super sad... I've got it pre-ordered from Amazon and it says Jan 27th, I always find Amazon to be pretty accurate, especially this close to the date. Fingers crossed

Let's "Early 2015" actually means Jan 27th and not March 27th or something like that... :drool:

Also, JFC, the install is 65GB!

So the install is THIS big?
How-Big-1.jpg

Late March? (insert swear words)...

yep this is the new duke nukem forever.

I really don't understand WHY its taking them so long to release it on PC and keep pushing back the dates. it was supposed to release alongside xbone and PS4, then late jan, now late march?
I took time off for this ****! Also why is it so much different than xbone/ps4? those are still x86/64 machines in small form factors with different OS's. it SHOULDNT take this long to convert the code, 7/8th of it is already DONE. it shouldn't take long to change from a stripped down Linux handler on PS4 or a stripped down quasi windows handler on xbone for full fledged PC use

Cmon, you can't begin to call gta5 dnf. Thus game hasn't been cancelled and handed off to numerous developers and releasing well over a decade since the last one.

Also, did R* ever officially say the January date for the pc release or did retailers just pick a random date that met the estimated window?

Frankly, in my opinion, they can take as long as they need to to release the pc version after the terrible release quality of the previous gta games.

A little over 1 month until release time.

Let us pray for:

Non-broken, properly optimized game
Online that actually works out of the box
No more friggin delays
No BS DRM like Rockstar Social Club

Screw this. Not buying it now.
It's clear to me that some genesis era decisions are being made here and they aren't in the interest of the consumer anymore

The only reason I'm not cancelling the preorder is that I have a $50 GameStop gift card that I would not use otherwise...

I wouldn't pre-order a game that's been delayed 2,384 times personally. You don't know what you're gonna get. It could release as broken as GTA4 did. Took a long time for that game to un-suck.
I'm personally going to wait a week, post around on different forums, get an idea of what it runs like, bugs, etc, then make my decision. That's if it releases by may 9th. If it doesn't I'm not buying.

Back