• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CES 2015: Thermaltake Launches Water Cooling Kit and Core X Cases

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

It seems like every year Thermaltake enters a brand new area of the enthusiast market, like AIO coolers and gaming peripherals many moons ago. Now Thermaltake is at it again, unveiling a wide range of water cooling parts from fittings to radiators and even a full kit. Also on display were a variety of stackable and versatile cube cases.

Click here to view the article.

It's built BUT need to work on cable management. I have a kit on order and after that I'll post some pictures. Nothing fancy, basic black case, black tubing etc. I was able to locate 12 used AP15 Gentle Typhoon 1820 rpm fans for a really good price. They are outstanding! I have 2 XSPC RX480v3 rads in the top and a single EK Coolstream 480 PE rad on the floor (right side as you look at the case. All the rads run in a single loop cooling the 4.4Ghz 5960x via an EK Supremacy EVO cpu block and both R9 290s via EK Acetal/copper full blocks (both gpu and vrm cooling). I intally mounted the XSPC Twin D5 Bay/res running two Swiftech D5-655 vario pumps running in series. Rad fans are controlled by a 6 Channel NZXT fan controller (2 fans per channel).

The Core X9 had the room to fit all three rads. I had to give up the big HDD cages but I'm using a single Samsung 850 EVO 500g ssd with a second on the way. I had an old Chieftec 2.5" mounting cage which I painted black to hold the ssds. There4 is also a bracket to mount them on the bottom of the MB mount.

Installed the second Samsung 850 EVO 500g ssd today for games and data. Tomorrow I should receive my cable management kit so hopefully I'll have the cabling somewhat cleaned up by next week.

Back