• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

g2a deals

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Shun the non-believers... Shuuuunnnnnnnnn.

Really though, if you aren't comfortable with the thought of third party or potentially wasting more money than on a steam sale, it may be best you spend double or more and stick to primary sources.

CANDY MOUNTAIN CHARLIE!

And yes, there is always some slight risk on any online transaction. With paypal and g2a shield, its pretty safe though.

Windows 8 is in stock for a market place item again, I was considering buying it but I was wondering is there a way to install it as 8.1 on a clean install since its a free upgrade to 8.1 any way.
I know either way its going to be temporary when windows 10 comes out.

also a cd key from g2a as a market place item? what do you think the odd are that its going to be a bad key?
kinda getting mixed reviews about this place

Not sure if it would work the same or not, but with the Windows 8 keys I have (through MSDN subscription, not G2A), I can't use 8.1 media. It will give me an invalid key error. I have to install with Windows 8 media, then upgrade to 8.1. It's painful :(

Windows 8 and 8.1 are different products, you can't use the keys interchangeably. Thus there is no way to do a "clean" windows 8.1 install with a windows 8 key. The only way is to install 8 and upgrade to 8.1

I was thinking of picking up some windows 8 keys from g2a because the price is pretty awesome. However, I'm going to pass simply because I'll be able to go from windows 7 to 10 at no cost. Considering I have half a dozen win 7 keys, and possibly more, it just doesn't make sense to spend money for an OS that I'd only be using temporarily.

Windows 8 and 8.1 are different products, you can't use the keys interchangeably. Thus there is no way to do a "clean" windows 8.1 install with a windows 8 key. The only way is to install 8 and upgrade to 8.1

I was thinking of picking up some windows 8 keys from g2a because the price is pretty awesome. However, I'm going to pass simply because I'll be able to go from windows 7 to 10 at no cost. Considering I have half a dozen win 7 keys, and possibly more, it just doesn't make sense to spend money for an OS that I'd only be using temporarily.

Not sure if it would work the same or not, but with the Windows 8 keys I have (through MSDN subscription, not G2A), I can't use 8.1 media. It will give me an invalid key error. I have to install with Windows 8 media, then upgrade to 8.1. It's painful :(

Thats incorrect.

For the love of god people, I made that tutorial for a reason, USE IT.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...-copy-of-windows-8-1-for-as-cheap-as-possible

Thats incorrect.

For the love of god people, I made that tutorial for a reason, USE IT.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...-copy-of-windows-8-1-for-as-cheap-as-possible

That's a newer installation option that MS has offered. You cannot install using an 8.1 DVD if you have a win 8 product key. They are two different products, and that's what I was referring to. What MS has done here is make a more flexible installer that recognizes both key sets, apparently. It's about time since 8.1 is nothing but a free upgrade anyway.

That's a newer installation option that MS has offered. You cannot install using an 8.1 DVD if you have a win 8 product key. They are two different products, and that's what I was referring to. What MS has done here is make a more flexible installer that recognizes both key sets, apparently. It's about time since 8.1 is nothing but a free upgrade anyway.

Did you even read my tutorial? You can use a dvd, you just need to iso the disc, then add the config file to the iso, then reburn it or put it on a USB. I am unaware of any new installers, please show a link, I'd like to see it (my google-fu is bringing up nothing relevant)

You're basically forcing an install of windows 8.1, and then you input the cd key after you install it. Works completely fine for me on 4 computers with only windows 8 cd keys.

install as a trial, register after done. got it.

I think that's why people were mixed up

install as a trial, register after done. got it.

I think that's why people were mixed up

It's not a trial though I dont think. The cfg changes the order the cd key asks. Instead of before, its after. If you install "8.1" and use an 8 cd key before you install, it will not work (unless they changed this as doublejack alluded to). This basically skips that step and asks when the process is done, at which point an 8.0 key will work fine.

Windows 8.1 Pro was back up for ~$52 bucks.
used the Shield service and then if you use pay pal theres another fee on top of that.
The PayPal fee is $2.55

I understand that paypal charges fees to its users but as a company I would have taken that $2.55 in exchange for a more secure transaction.

Windows 8.1 Pro was back up for ~$52 bucks.
used the Shield service and then if you use pay pal theres another fee on top of that.
The PayPal fee is $2.55

I understand that paypal charges fees to its users but as a company I would have taken that $2.55 in exchange for a more secure transaction.

Really? Last time I checked, both credit card companies and PayPal had very clear terms of service that explicitly forbid that kind of charge. Sounds like another "reputable" store. At least this one isn't hiding behind WHOIS proxies.

Last edited:
Really? Last time I checked, both credit card companies and PayPal had very clear terms of service that explicitly forbid that kind of charge. Sounds like another "reputable" store. At least this one isn't hiding behind WHOIS proxies.

I've used G2A, it's legit.

The fee isn't the exact amount PayPal charges, therefore it's hard to say that they're in violation of PayPal TOS.

Windows 8.1 pro for $20.17... lets keep our windows accounts legal guys

Yeah, you should. And that means not going to shady sites that are very blatantly obviously "re-"selling things they never bought to resell. How hard can this be? Geez, people.

http://www.vg247.com/2015/01/27/don...g-keys-blame-the-culture-of-overpriced-games/

And worst of all, they are outright stealing from game developers by lying about being early access reviewers: http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/Lesz...0/How_to_get_every_game_on_STEAM_for_free.php

You really think their non-game sales are different?

The thing is, G2A is a middleman

Just like NewEgg is just a middleman. G2A makes plenty of first-party sales.

Last edited:
The thing is, G2A is a middleman, your last article there shows that G2A had nothing to do with it, but more of the devs sending out free keys all willy nilly to anyone that emailed them saying they had a youtube channel. So in YOUR words, those damn youtubers are stealing from the devs!!!! :p

As for the original link, as has been said, use G2A shield. I've purchased several AAA titles and others and all have been flawless with the exception of FC4 which was NOT G2A's fault and as I used G2A Shield they refunded me shortly after the key banwave from Ubicrap.

If you are weary of the gray market, simply DO NOT USE gray market websites. It really is as simple as that.

Yeah, you should. And that means not going to shady sites that are very blatantly obviously "re-"selling things they never bought to resell. How hard can this be? Geez, people.

http://www.vg247.com/2015/01/27/don...g-keys-blame-the-culture-of-overpriced-games/

And worst of all, they are outright stealing from game developers by lying about being early access reviewers: http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/Lesz...0/How_to_get_every_game_on_STEAM_for_free.php

You really think their non-game sales are different?

It's entirely possible this is happening. It's also entirely possible from other vendors. You can get the same problem buying from amazon as well.

I've purchased many many many cd keys from g2a, hI have never had an issue (this includes 3 copies of windows 8). IF I have an issue, I return the key and report the seller.

My fc4 account was purchased at g2a, still in good standing.

Edit: if a dev is stupid enough to give out thousands of copies (much worse, multiple keys to the same person!!! Why the hell would they do that???), stupid shall be punished. "Hey, here's 3 copies of something you only need 1 for. Don't do anything with the other 2 by the way". Naive at best.

Back