• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about proxies and Comcast

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dreamstalker

Youtube has, in its wisdom, suddenly decided to block one of my favorite videos. Link is here:
(it may not work for those in the US). I'm trying to access it through a proxy (I'd like to download the video now that I know it's blocked). I've tried a few different non-US ones (through ProxFree.com) to no avail; no matter what I try, I get "this video is not available in your country". Any other sites I can find the video on link back to Youtube so I get the same result.

I have geolocation disabled in Firefox, and I suspect that my ISP (Comcast) doesn't like proxies and so is thwarting it. Any ideas?

Last edited:
have you tired to search for the video again thhrough youtube. or even googling it, you might get lucky. and WTF is Universal Music Group

Universal Music Group is a record company, I thought they were US-based but who knows at this point. All the sites I can find the video on embed it directly from Youtube, so I get the same error message "This video contains content from UMG. It is not available in your country"...I could access it perfectly fine until a few months ago. I did find one site that it seems viewable at...but Flash can't play it (something is disabling embedded players, so FVD doesn't work).

i just tried to vpn through servers in a number of different countries(UK, Sweden, Argentina, a few other ones as well), and it came up as blocked in my country each and every time, as well as without using my vpn, and just attempting to view it from canada.

it won't let me play that specific video as well. but if i do a search for the name and artis of the song on you tube i am able to play other videos. i don't know if that helps you or not.

Its been pulled by virgin due to copyright.

I used to post loads on friendface... err... stalkbook... err... facebook. that's the one. :)

some companies be more vigilant to pirates... arrr me hearties.

them sooner splice ye to the main brace than let ye see the booty.

it be the whole out dated bootyrights methodology that be ye problem.

hows bout a nice pirate sing song instead?

head boppin like a budgie while I whittle me a new leg \ :D / arrr!

Back