• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tacens Radix VI850W

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

quetzacoal

Hi, I am Quetzacoal, I am new on this forum

I just wanted you to help me with this issue,

I have this power supply that gives me this readings:

readings.png

Is this normal? I mean, they do not adjust to the values they are supposed

thanks guys

What in the world is a Tacens Radix? lol

Turn off your PC and don't turn it back on again until you've replaced the power supply. You're only getting 7V from the 12V line (and I'm guessing that's at idle)...

That unit is clearly garbage and shouldn't be trusted.

What are the rest of your system specs? Are you having any issues (game crashes or crashes during load)?

I have a GTX 760 and a AMD fx-8159, 16GB ram ddr3 1800mhz,

I will buy a corsair PSU, I read in the stickies that they are quite good.

By the way, I have been using my computer which such readings for a year without problem, maybe a little fps drop in games.

Last edited:
I guess your card could be throttling because of it (and giving you lower FPS). More likely, however, it isn't affecting FPS at all and you've just gotten lucky that it hasn't crashed. Essentially, those readings are saying that your power supply isn't getting the voltage it should be (about 40% less!!!) on the most important line (12V). If your components ever needed more than 7V * (whatever amperage they're pulling), your game/PC would crash (and possibly cause damage to a component). You're probably only drawing 400-500w with your system, so you haven't hit that ceiling yet.

Like I said, though, I would turn it off until you can replace the unit.

Corsair is usually a good bang-for-your-buck. EVGA has been cranking out good PSUs. Seasonic is excellent. Just search for reviews or ask here about a particular unit.

You shouldn't need more than 550w, by the way.

+1 for getting a good PSU, but there is no way your computer is still running with the 12V rail at 7V. A lot of things would have shut down long before that. It must be a wrong reading (reading the wrong register, etc).

Back