• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is win10 worth downloading yet?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you are looking to replace a finished , functioning at all levels OS , then NO. You don't want Win 10 yet. It's quick , and it may well end up what 8 was supposed to be , but it isn't ready yet. I never liked 8 or 8.1 , Classic Shell or not. But I'm likely old enough to be slowing down on the newer must be better bandwagon. I never found the 8s to have anything worth leaving Windows 7 for. If I were building a new rig I would probably be looking at W 10 as an OS , but I like fixing things. LOL

Windows 10 has lots of very nice features. IMO, its an amazing operating system with lots of great changes and I will definitely be upgrading to it when it comes out. I am currently running it full time on 3 different computers.

However, it is still in beta. There are bugs. Some are very annoying. Unless you don't mind dealing with issues, I would wait until a more stable build comes out or the final release.

I've got 10 running on my main PC right now and like Insane said even the latest build has some bugs and most people wouldn't recommend switching till it actually comes out finished.

Why can you not wait to get rid of 8.1 I have it running on my wifes with classic shell and I have no issues with it.

Back