• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Deciding between which OS to choose

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If it matters, this is my opinion as I've stuck with Win7 on all my machines, though I do have a little bit of experience with Win8/8.1.

Last week I purchased a Lenovo Y50-70 Touch which happens to come with Win8.1, after first loadup and updates, I immediately bought Stardock's Start8 for $4 and it's been a joy. There are free options such as Classic Shell and others, but from my research I liked the functionality of Start8 a little better than Classic Shell and it has not disappointed.

After getting Start8, there's no reason I could tell someone to go with Windows 7 with how great 8.1 has been for me. Keeping in mind I am an avid Win7 supporter, I just do not see a benefit of buying Win7 new.

sorry guys to break the bad news but just now I switched from Win 8.1 to my good old W7. Win 8.1 was causing issues with windows updates and also my games. Crysis 3 kept crashing randomly and Metal Gear Rising kept on flickering. Win 7 has been stable for me for the past couple years and for the AV, I have opted for MSE.

Here is a thought why has WIN 8 never sold as much as WIN 7, also why has "MICROSOFT JUMP TO WIN 10" to put as much distance from WINDOWS 8 or 8.1?????? :p :)

"ITS ONLY JUST A THOUGHT" ;)

Regards,

Ajay.

W7 has been out for several years... W8.1 has not...Not to mention when W7 was released tablets really weren't in the mainstream either and most of those don't run Windows. A lot of consumers are moving to tablets and not upgrading their PC's as frequently as they can do a lot of what they do on a PC from a tablet.

.... just more thoughts. ;)

Back